My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Valentine's Day

                                                           Happy V Day everyone!

I managed to get a couple of letters in the mail this morning and a couple of emails sent out.  Not much else on my agenda outside of my latest fun hobby of searching for old family members online.
Tomorrow I have a 8:30 a.m. appt. in Sequim which means I'll have to get up early.  Later that afternoon, I'll pick the twins up at school and run them over to the Kingston ferry where they'll walk on to be picked up in Edmonds by their cousin, Catie.

Mary and Andy have a 3-day weekend full of fun planned including a Globetrotters game and a visit to a rock climbing club. Probably dinner and a movie too.

I just made some hummingbird nectar and plan to clean out their feeders a bit after the stuff cools. Going to make a stuffed green pepper for supper and maybe whip up tomorrow's dinner to put in the fridge. I found a neat recipe for chicken and cheese enchiladas.

I've been taping tv shows on my VCR for two nights so I've got a few things to occupy myself later on.  Am thinking I might pull out my Lonesome Dove movie to watch this weekend too.  Certain movies in my collection are favorite re-watches.  If there is such a word.

Am out of postage stamps and need to pick up a couple of birthday cards too. My mother turns 87 next week.  If I average out how long she's lived and how long my dad lived, does that mean I can expect to make it to 85?  Hmmm...  18 more years to go (give or take, I suppose).  I can't imagine myself in my 80's but then I am leaving my 60's this fall and somehow, I never pictured that either.

Posted on my "other" Leader blog last night --What is your favorite quotation?  If you've got one, sign on to the Leader website and share.  Well, I'm off to squirt drops in my eyes and swallow some pills. What a fun way to spend Valentine's Day. 

Here's a cute video....


No comments:

Post a Comment