My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, May 5, 2014

A Party

Posted these on Facebook but I know not everybody goes there so I'll post here too.  Alyce Hansen (of Port Ludlow) turned 90 and what a great turnout at the Elks Club.   Alyce is one active lady for 90 years old.  Walks circles around me.

Before the party, Mary Norton and I rode around town going down roads we didn't know existed.  Talk about some terrific views.  I'm hoping Mary got better pictures than me 'cause my camera didn't do them justice.  This first one is a house going up next door to Julie Rohring on Hastings Avenue.  Her daughter, Tami, told us during a tour we took of my old pink house about how these people
built very close and completely blocked the view from Julie's deck.  What a shame!   I just don't understand how people can live with themselves doing something like that.
I was riding around in that neighborhood looking for my dad's old house that was moved from Cosgrove Street to this area.  Other views I saw...



I'm going to make a separate blog on the pink house tour as I want to include old photos along with the new ones.  Here's some party pics...

can't recall their names
 
 Alyce & Mary Norton
                          a pretty wall painting everyone signed
                          me and Pauline Rogers
                                 Konrad & Jane Schwencke
                                           Mary and Kate Spear
                                        me & Scott Doolittle
                                      Mikki Williams and me
 Mrs. Johnston & her daughter-in-law (married to Johnny)
                                   Alyce & Reed Hunt
                                    Ruby Wise and her son, Ron





No comments:

Post a Comment