My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Just loafing

I'm having kind of a nice day. Mainly because I'm just doing stuff I wanna' do --and most of it is while sitting on my butt.  I sorta got my files cleaned up yesterday.  Threw out a ton of junk and then remembered I have another couple of notebooks that need to be sorted, as well.  All in good time.

One of the things I found was old questionnaires I sent out in 1981 and 1986 for our class reunions. Rather than toss them, I kept out a couple dozen to mail on so people could have a good laugh (and some fun mail)  Although I suppose that's all on how you look at it.  Mine did cause a chuckle or two.
My pets included Dee Dee Dinah, our Welsh corgi, two to six cats, and three birds. My hobbies were writing letters, analyzing handwriting, playing bingo, knitting, playing piano, and reading.  My kids were 16, 14, 9, and 8.  My most memorable experience was losing weight and gaining it all back again.

Got a picture from Mary's phone a few minutes ago taken in her car.  They're on their way to Great Wolf Lodge (not Wild Waves like I said yesterday). Jake is sleeping in this picture but he's going to have a super fun weekend when he wakes up.
He's got a teething cracker in his hand (saving it for later I guess) and Mary says he's taking less formula as he prefers food instead.

Got a good joke in my email yesterday from Linda Farina in TN.....
The Christian Way

A guy was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a second golfer approached and asked if he could join him. The first said that he usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome.
They were even after the first few holes. The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how about playing for five bucks a hole?" The first guy said that he wasn't much for betting, but agreed to the terms.
The second guy won the remaining sixteen holes with ease.
As they were walking off number eighteen, the second guy was busy counting his $80.00. He confessed that he was the pro at a neighboring course and liked to pick on suckers. The first fellow revealed that he was the Parish Priest.
The pro was flustered and apologetic, offering to return the money. The Priest said,
"You won fair and square and I was foolish to bet with you. You keep your winnings."
The pro said, "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"
The Priest said, "Well, you could come to Mass on Sunday and make a donation......
And, if you want to bring your mother and father along, I'll marry them."

I posted a couple of mill pictures on Facebook today.  Heard they're going to tear down the mill cafeteria.  A lot of memories in that old building. It the small structure shown here between the bag plant and the office.
Pulled out all my notes on Charlie Blankenship again so  I think I'll make another stab at trying to find him.  Probably going to have to subscribe to ancestry.com again but for now, I'll use the free places. I may have to head across town to the Morman Library too. I know they've probably got stuff I could use.

And that's it for today.  When you don't leave the house, the blogs can be pretty ho=hum.


No comments:

Post a Comment