My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time to get back into blogging.....

Took me a while to figure out my blog settings and passwords so I could access again.  I was so confused when I was first starting to blog that I signed up using various email addresses and now I have a heck of a time trying to maneuver around.  Gupster Granny keeps coming up when I want Side of the Road and blah blah blah....as you can see, I still have next to nothing to write about.

Today's been kind of a messing around type day for me.  Can't quite get motivated to really buckle down to one project so I'm flitting around.  Had files and photos on my hard drive to sort and genealogy notes to update and I think I'm gonna go back to my email address book and delete some of those that
were automatically put in my book without my say-so.

I did manage to put in about 20 minutes on my exercise bike and I went for a short walk down the alley and back.  I've been super lazy about exercising -- like almost my entire life.  No reason to change the pattern now.  Although I spend enough time feeling guilty about it.

I've moved my computer to the kitchen and made a little mini office in here, turning the other office into a sewing room.  I wanted a table I could sit at to type and still put my feet up. It's not ideal what I have set up right now but I'm continuing to try various bins, boxes, footstools, chairs, etc. until I get a good combination.  Some days I spend a lot of time at my laptop and I'm finding I need to put my feet up or the ankles swell.  Not sure what brought that on but it happened when I went to the alumni social hour a couple weeks back and I was in terrible pain and had to leave.  Still pisses me off to think about it!

The shoulder problem I started having after my fall last July has finally been diagnosed as several bad tears in my ligaments.  Going to require a Seattle surgeon as the Sequim guy feels it's more complicated than he feels comfortable with.  I've known something was wrong but I certainly didn't  think it would amount to any more than a simple little arthroscopic surgery in the local hospital.  Guess nothing is simple when you fall down and you're not a spring chicken anymore.

I'll stay with Mary and Andy. She wants me to go to her physical therapist afterwards, as well, and I will but I'll probably transfer back to PA to finish up.  Hate the thought of physical therapy. Hate the thought of another surgery.  Still... I can't live my life with this much pain, not to mention the loss of strength and flexibility I've lost.

Here's the latest picture of Jacob. He's six months old already; eating from a spoon, going to swim lessons, and loving his new "walker car" that I bought him.

Always interesting to see how much things have changed since I was having babies.  I used cloth diapers, had a diaper service at one point, and used Gerber baby food in jars.  Equipment like strollers, walkers, cribs, toys, chairs -- all different.  Mary blends all his food and freezes it in ice cube trays. Then they pop out what they want for a feeding and nuke it in the microwave.  Even the baby bottles and how-to books are changed.  Which is how it should be. All I had was a paperback by Dr. Spock. Mothers today would probably roll in the aisles to read that book now.

Been a while since I blogged on my Leader blog so guess I'll try to think of some subject.  Coming up empty but I'm sure there's some topic I can chew on.

Am reading '61 Hours' by Lee Child. Think he's my favorite author right now.  Am watching 'Band of Brothers' on my Amazon Prime and it's really good.  Tried watching soccer but it was just not my cup of tea. Prefer watching golf.

And that's about it for now.

1 comment: