My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Playing Around with my Blog

Decided I needed to post a few new pictures on my blog.  Always takes me  a while to figure out where to go to do what on this website. Guess I better take the time to read up on the little details I've been putting off until another day.  Always fun to change the font a bit and background colors but sometimes it gets to be too much of a chore when you're given too many choices.

Woke up to 28 degrees and it looks like it's gonna stay cold all day long.  Sure hope it breaks soon as this iciness is getting old.  Not much on my agenda except to finish up this quilt I managed to get tied yesterday. Sure had problems with it but hopefully, the hemming of the edges will go quickly.

Also began work on my Christmas jigsaw puzzle. It's of my childhood neighborhood and darned if it isn't one difficult thing to put together. Glad there are only 400 pieces.  It will keep me occupied as I sit and watch the Seahawks later this afternoon.  Will finish up Season 4 of Homeland too and I hate to see that end.  Man, is it getting good.

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee using the chocolate spoons that Maddie made for Christmas gifts. It's chocolate wrapped around a plastic spoon that you let melt in your coffee.  Pretty tasty too.

Had to turn off the TV after my favorite Sunday Morning News show because Face the Nation was featuring that blowhard Trump and I refuse to allow his voice to be heard in this house.  Looking forward to the election being done so we can hear a little less from the egotist.  I wouldn't be surprised, though, to see him run again someday.  The publicity he's received is like opium for him. He can't get enough attention.  And I will never understand how popular he's grown with so many folks.  Anybody can bluster loud about how they're gonna' make the world better but I'm fascinated that so many are taken in by him.  It's scary really.  People aren't thinking.  They're being led around by their nose.  Strange.

Well, I'm gonna have to get up and start moving.  Poor ole body just can't take prolonged periods in front of the computer. At least not this morning.  Here's a photo I just saw on Facebook from Astoria Oregon. Fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment