My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tidying up in the office

I decided I needed to clean up my computer a bit and once I  start deleting and filing and sorting, I'm usually held captive in this room as I find more and more things "out of place" or that need to go to the great recycle trash bin in the sky.  Sometimes I'm sidetracked when I have to stop and read how to maneuver or perform the particular thing I want to do.  I managed to delete my favorites list from Google Chrome that I had moved over from Explorer so I had to go back and relearn how to put it back again.

I noticed my roku on the tv wasn't picking up any radio stations so now I have to go to that website for help.  I noticed my sign in needed a password and of course, I don't have one listed anywhere that I can find.  And my age was listed as 70 so while it may be somewhere in this mess, darned if I can find it now. I think I'll rejoin using a different email address.  I do have three to choose from.

Jenni and I were scheduled to drive to Bainbridge Island ferry this morning but thankfully, she changed her appt to tomorrow morning.  The roads were looking so treacherous yesterday a.m. I was dreading having to get out there on them.  The rains have returned, thank god, and the cold snap seems to have passed.  It does look awfully "strange" outside right now, though.  So dark.  Obviously a large cloud is hanging over the town. At least I hope that's all it is.    We're either going to get a really hard rainfall or dare I type it... some snow.  I refuse to believe that.  It has to be a rain cloud.

Once I get my computer cleaned up I think I'm gonna head back to the sewing room. Have been wanting to work on applique patterns a bit and have a fabulous Sunbonnet Sue book with a lot of cute designs. This one is Monday - Wash Day but I haven't added the wording yet.
 Maddie called requesting a pick up at the school at 4:30 so I think I'll hold off running my errands until later this afternoon.  Need to fill up on gas, get a few groceries, buy a power ball, and return some library books.  I finished watched season 4 of Homeland last night.  I got so involved in it that I had to stay up until midnight to see what happened.  Now I have to wait a year or more for the next season to become available.

Jenni gave me a book on making cakes in a cup so I might take a stab at that later today. Also have my latest jigsaw puzzle in process but it's proving to be a real toughie.  The pieces are such that it's hard to tell if they actually belong.  I read the reviews online and most everybody complained about this feature.  I can't even get the border done because most of the pieces are exactly the same.

I got on my exercise bike yesterday and oh lordy, was it ever hard!  Am determined, though, to use it daily (if only for ten minutes at a time) until I can pedal without pain.  Been so long since I climbed onboard that it's going to take a while to get over the hump.  It's a high bike so I have to use a little step stool to climb up onto it.  So pathetic.

Well, I've procrastinated long enough. Time to get back to the chores at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment