My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 19, 2015

I think I'm ready for Santa Now

Man, it was cold outside this morning. I sure was glad I didn't have to go anywhere except for the alleyway to pull the garbage bins back up into the yard.  I did end up making a quick Safeway run as I gave all my goodies away and had nothing left in the house for me.  Ha!  Like I need goodies. But oh well, it is Christmas.

I made a library run too.  Once I settled into the sewing room, I discovered that most of my audio books were not going to play on my CD player.  It could be my player but I suspect checking books out of the library that have been through several playings is more apt to be the reason for skipping. At any rate, I grabbed half a dozen more to bring home.  The gift shop had some cool quilt books on sale too so I bought three of them.

Stopped by the Airport Nursery to price bird seed but it's just too dang expensive.  The birds are gonna have to rely on richer people doling out their winter seed.  Thought about buying Sammy a toy but they were out of my pocketbook range too.  They had a lot of neat stuff I would have liked to buy...bamboo mobiles, neat bird feeders, garden decorations, flowers, etc. but I decided to just browse today.

I saw the neatest video posted on Facebook. I'm going to have to go to Youtube and see if I can find it so I can post it here.  Here it is:



And no, I haven't a clue how it's done.  It is fake, though. Has to be.

Drove into Hadlock and Port Townsend yesterday to deliver a few presents and cookie packages. Joyce Lee Adams went with me and obliged being the photographer so I could get pictures everywhere we stopped. These aren't in the order that we stopped but Blogger lets me drag a whole bunch of photos at once now instead of one at a time. Quicker and easier.

 Barbara Shaw and Joyce Adams. Joyce's sister, Carolyn, married a relative of Barb's and Barb remembered going to their wedding.
                                                        me and Barb in her living room
                                                                Clarence Lammers
                                               me and cousin Lee at Life Care Center
                             Mike Hammers and Norm Sather were at the next table
                                             Janie and me at her apartment

                                        Ruth's caregiver, Jeannette Barnhouse


                                      Joyce and Joyce at Dana and Lill's house
                                    me, Kelly Brebberman, and Clarence
                           Laura Lammers and me (Bill & Teresa Arey weren't home)
                                                    My brother, Les and me
                                             Les, me, Kris, Brend'n, Bill Rust
                                            Lill and me  (Dana was bike riding)
                                                          Linda and me

Ruth Kvinsland and me
                                                            Kris' llama and goats
                         Some of Linda's decorations. (Her whole house is Christmas)

                                       An ornament Linda gave me. I just love it.
                                                         My nephew Eddie's dog
                                              the guy sleeping at Linda's house

                                                                 Linda's bathroom
                                                          a 3000-pc jigsaw puzzle she did.
                                                      One of two trees she decorated



Andy and Mary took Jake on the Santa train to North Bend today. She sent me these photos.


Well, I tidied up my sewing room and think I'll mess around in there for a while. Am having Sue and Paul for dinner tomorrow and then I'll go to Jen's Thursday night.  Off to Renton Christmas morning and before you know it.....2016 will be upon us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment