My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 28, 2015

Last week of the year

Well, here it is -- 5 a.m.  I woke up two hours ago and decided at 3:45 I might as well get up.  Course I've done nothing but yawn for the last hour so I'm fairly certain a recliner nap will occur at some point.  I had half a dozen little chores on my to-do list today and have already crossed off half of them.  Still need to undecorate the house and take down the outside lights but that shouldn't take all that long as I didn't put out my whole collection this year.

I've been sneezing a little too much in the last hour or so and I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't indicate a cold is coming on.  The house was really cold when I got home from Renton yesterday.  I turned the heat on around noon and since the thermostat has a mind of its own and doesn't turn off, I finally turned it off myself at 3 a.m.  Gotta get an electrician out here to look it over.

Other chores include getting the car cleaned up a bit.  Not inside as much as the outside. It gets so muddy so fast, it just seems useless to even bother paying to go through the drive-thru. I plan on wiping it down myself although I suppose I could hook up the hose and give it a quick wash.  Not sure I want to go to all that trouble, though. Hooking up the hose isn't the easiest chore for me.  Still, I have to make some effort to get the crud off.  You have to be careful climbing in and out or you get mud marks across the back of your pant leg.

Outside of those two chores, my list is quite short. Clean the toilets and shower mat and set out nectar for the hummingbirds.  Maybe I'll sit down and try to stay ahead of my picture sorting. It does have a tendency to get away from me fast.  Took a ton of pictures in Renton this past weekend but managed to whittle them down to just a few. Same with videos. I had maybe 9 videos and downloaded just three short ones. I'll add them here even though I already put them on Facebook.





And here are some of the photos that made the final cut.....

 Jenni made various yard stones for some of her gifts this year. Andy's had tools embedded in his
 It amazed me how Jake took time with every gift (even books). This one was a Richard Scarry book, who he is especially fond of.
 Dean and Candi Johnson bought this electric go-cart for him and he delighted showing us how well he could maneuver through the house.
 Hunter took a few minutes to shoot baskets with Jake's nerf ball set
 Mary was right there to help him get around and remind him to turn...turn...turn


                           Jake & Andy share a laugh while opening presents
 He's such a little mimic. He opened this delicate Xmas decoration and people ohhed and ahhed.  So he did too and then he took it to the tree.  Nothing quite so cute as a two-year-old oohing over a gift.
 I watched him as he played with his train set and seemed to carry on quite a conversation with himself.
 I had to watch everything he did this weekend and was fascinated at well he used a spoon while eating yogurt and fruit.  He eats everything put in front of him and enjoyed the prime rib too.
 This cute little guy is a suitcase on wheels. He received it from his aunt & uncle in Penn.
 Two family group pictures at the dinner table.  As you can see, Jake is more interested in cartoons.

I think he might end up being left-handed as he hit the ball everytime but was using his left hand to do it.

Here's some photos from Christmas eve at Wayne and Jenni's house....


                                              This was my favorite I took that night


 The twins with their "other" grandparents, Kathy & Ed
                                                        I think I'm boring Sammy.
                                   Hard to believe they'll have their driver's license soon

I didn't send out cards this year but did mail off a handful of Xmas postcards.  I received about twenty or so cards and this one was my favorite.  A National Geographic form Linda Brooks.
I also got a kick out of my granddaughter Catie's card with her and Brandon shown with Santa.
And last but not least...Andy, Mary and Jacob's card....
(it had more salutations but I trimmed it down just to show the photo)

And that's it for this early morning.  Time to get dressed and see to those chores.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment