My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Gathering Place Calendars

The last time I drove into Port Townsend, one of the things on my list was to buy a Gathering Place calendar.  They've become an annual production and I wish I had a set of all of them.  Local artists are featured and the scenes are that of places around town.  Here's the cover for this years calendar and four of my favorites.




They sell for $16 although one "local shop" downtown in the plaza stuck their own price tag of $20 on their calendars.  And I turned right around and went to another place to spend my money. I don't care for that practice.  Especially when the funds help disabled adults.

I love Port Townsend scenes. Especially any from my youth or years before.  One year I put together a "make your own" calendar that certain photo outfits offer and I used old black and white photos that I had enlarged of Port Townsend in the old days.  I'll have to do that again as I have a ton of PT photos.  Here's the wall of my office that features old calendar pictures among others.

I'm heading up to the library around 11 this morning as I need to get some fresh audio books to keep me company in the sewing room.  At 5 I'll head up to the high school to pick up Maddie from cross country training and when I drop her off, I'll be staying for supper. Yay! No cooking today!  Jenni is making chicken pot pie.

I had Sue and Paul over for dinner on Sunday for her 51st birthday.
Here are two of my favorite Thanksgiving cartoons I saw on Facebook. I posted a lot of old photos on there yesterday as I borrowed Jenni's old albums to put some of her pictures in my collection.  Too many to post here but you can see them on my Facebook page.


Here's a shot of Jenni standing by my old LTD Ford and a second picture of how that same area looked when I toured the old house last year. Or was it this year? I forget.


Well, I'd best get moving. It's only 7:30 and I'm already thinking I need a nap. That's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment