My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My 2nd day of being 71

Got a fun package in the mail today. Thank you Andy and Mary for my NY oven mitt and hot pad and shopping bag.  I love NY stuff.  And thanks for the Gluten for Dummies book too.  Those Penn.
scratch tickets you included gave me 4 free tickets so I'm sending them on over to Melynda.

And thank you Jen for the wonderful jigsaw puzzles of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan.  They're really something and since they're reversible, it's like having four puzzles.  I actually have both those albums featured. (the reverse puzzles are the back of the albums)
I also love the elephant plant holder,Jen. I'm going to shop around for the perfect plant to put in it.
Congrats to Maddie for doing so well in her latest cross country meet. Here she is pictured with the group (they camped overnight at Salt Creek) She's standing next to the guy leaning down.
Looking forward to seeing Catie this weekend too. Her friend, Louie is coming up from Florida.  And thank you, Hunter, for coming over to do those little chores that are difficult for me to get at.  I got my VCR programmed here in the office so it's working just fine now.

Mary sent me over Jake's 9-month photo and as usual, he's just as cute as ever.
Daytime TV continues to be just as rotten as ever.  I'd love to see the following people disappear from the daily lineup forever -- Dr. Phil, Judge Judy, Jerry Springer, Kelly Ripa and her partner, Michael, Maury Povich, Steve Harvey, the women on "The Talk", most of the local newscasters, almost all of the old reruns they choose to show, and I could go on and on.

Got errands to run tomorrow so I've got my fingers crossed my body cooperates.  Takin' the twins to school at 8:50; doc appt with the knee surgeon at 9:40 (my one year followup), physical therapy at 11:20, and a blood draw right after as they say my red blood count is low.

Guess I'll head to the recliner now and watch Wheel of Fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment