My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept is running down

Early Monday morning and it's looking cloudy and gray.  I don't mind, though.  I plan on staying inside today, and maybe the next two days as well.  Woke up to a very stiff and sore shoulder but I am having periods of no pain too.  Like last Friday after the physical therapist did some manipulation and rotated the shoulder around.  It hurt a bit but afterwards, I definitely felt improvement. I was thrilled. She still doesn't want me to do too much on my own as we have to take it slow.

The dishwasher is running and I do believe that is probably going to be the extent of my housework today.  Hunter came by yesterday (so happy I have a teenage grandson that is willing  to help his gramma.)
Both the front and back lawns look more like a dandelion yellow field but they do look somewhat better after a trim.  That should be the last cutting this season.  The deer have started to nimble along the street again. They're all over Port Angeles as I've seen them having lunch in other neighborhoods too.
Jenni stopped in for a while to chat while Hunter fixed up my living room VCR.  He never could get it to communicate with my flat screen so he moved it into my bedroom and I'll watch what I've taped in there.  It'll work fine.

Granddaughter Catie is showing a visiting Florida friend (Louie) around this week and they came over to Port Angeles for the weekend.  Sue took them to fossil beach and later, they stopped in here to say hello.
I'm going to set up one of my birthday jigsaw puzzles today.  I think I'll start with the Bob Dylan one.
I finished up my statue of liberty yesterday afternoon.

Got a phone call from this guy in Port Townsend who is coming to PA tomorrow and wanted to stop by and have me sign a Town Kid book he bought.  What a nice surprise.  I've got to get busy and start marketing the ones I have left.

I've been watching Netflix and Amazon pretty exclusively lately.  Am finding Transparent interesting as well as Finding Love.  I posted on my Leader blog Saturday but it was rejected by their security system that said I used inappropriate language and to "try again."  Their system has done that to me twice before (in error) and if it happens again, I think I'll just bag blogging on there anymoe. Too much hassle.  I sent it to the person who helps me and she should be able to post it today. If she's at her desk.

I took one of those goofy tests that sometimes come up on my homepage in Facebook.  This one asked what my old lady name was.  I don't usually do those tests but this one caught my interest.  Found out I'm a Gladys.  ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mary sent me the latest of baby Jacob. This one shows him absolutely fascinated watching daddy mow the lawn.
Andy, by the way, has the best lawn of anybody in our family.  He cares for it like a Persian rug and it is BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment