My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tomorrow will be better

I finally decided to get into the doctor and find out why I can't seem to feel better.  Yesterday was a mixed bag of nausea, fatigue, achiness, blah blah blah.  Same today.  Last night I was watching The Roosevelts on PBS and got so tired I knew there was no way I was going to be able to watch until 10. I was hoping back and forth between PBS and DWTS 'cause I can't get my VCRs to communicate with my TVs right now.  Am hoping Hunter can help me.  Anyhow, at 8 o'clock I started to get ready for bed.  By 9 o'clock I perked up somehow and thought -- maybe I can stay awake longer.  Not to be, though. I hit the sack around 9:30.

At midnight I was awake again.  So awake I got up to read.  Nothing annoys me more than going to bed exhausted and not getting to stay asleep until the following morning!  At 2 a.m. Mr. Sandman made another appearance and then I kind of tossed and turned the rest of the night.  Woke up around 7 and knew darn well it was going to be a day of fatigue and feeling "off."

I had made a doctor appt the previous day and while I usually like to get in early, I knew I needed to make an appt for later in the day to see if I was going to be chained to the toilet.  I was desperate to get downtown and get my drivers license renewed because you pay a fine if you're late.  I was happy when I walked in and saw the room fairly empty of people.  I took a number and only had to wait a couple of minutes.  It was supposed to cost me $45 according to the post card I got in the mail but with their additional fees (I don't know for what) I had to pay $54.  Had I used my debit or credit card, they wanted another $3.  I wrote a check.  I sometimes wonder if I'll have to renew in five years. Sooner or later,the day will come when I realize my driving days are behind me.  The twins will have a license by then and if I'm still alive and kicking, I'm hoping they'll drive me where I need to go.

The doctor wants me to try elimination diets to see if I improve.  I'm going with dairy first as that's easier than gluten.  Gluten is in EVERYTHING!  I think I can manage dairy free okay as you still have a lot of choices.  I also bought a 2-week supply of Prilosec.  Well, I bought the generic form anyhow.  Prilosec was $20 and the generic was $8. Same ingredients too.

I came home and put a Cornish game hen in the oven and peeled some potatoes for supper.  Think I'll cook up some peas too.  I saw two people on FB (Cheri and Ann Marie) discussing Ken Follett's books so I decided to give them a try.  I had Fall of Giants on my book shelf already so I started with it.  Only thing is, it's a heavy book and it hurts my hands and arm to hold it. I've got to rig up some kind of table gadget that will allow me to read heavy books.

Joyce Lee came by yesterday and I gave her a stack of my old Leaders and People Magazines to read. She brought me a scone she made at Peninsula College. (she bakes in the kitchen up there)  She wanted me to go beach walking with her but I was feeling too punk to leave the house.  Am hoping I'm better tomorrow.

Got a picture from M&A on their plane trip to New York.  She said Jake did just fine and loved looking out the windows.  Napped and didn't cry at all.  They landed in Newark and will go to their hotel in NY for a function there.  Then they'll go visit Andy's brother and his wife in upstate NY.
Well, I gotta get up and turn the channel.  Dr. Oz's show would be a whole lot better if he didn't bring up silly gigglers from the audience to play his stupid games on stage.  What a waste of air time.


No comments:

Post a Comment