My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Almost turkey day

I woke up feeling like crap today.  Nothing new there as most mornings are nothing to write home about.  I'm hoping it's just a one-day sinus thingie but we'll see.  Feels more like a head cold and maybe even some flu symptoms thrown in for fun.  Since nausea seems to be a normal state of being for me lately, I'm hoping it's not the flu.  Won't be the first time, though, that a bug has come in for attack on Thanksgiving weekend. I remember one weekend especially where I was deathly sick with the flu on turkey day.  I don't intend to let this be one of those events. I haven't thrown up yet but I've gagged half a dozen times in anticipation.  That can't be a good thing.

I'm working through it irregardless.  Got two pies made yesterday although one was a frozen pie because I wasn't up to home made.  This morning I made a favorite lime jello salad recipe that my Aunt Elva used to make.  You beat up a small can of evap. milk and add jello, nuts, cottage cheese, crushed pineapple, and Miracle Whip.  It's wonderful.  I also made a chocolate pudding pie (the cooked kind), and a pan of brownies.  Tomorrow I'll make some oyster dressing and then I'll load it all up in the car to take to Jen's house.

I was too tired to stay up and watch Dancing with the Stars last night so I taped it on the VCR and watched it this morning.  Was so glad Derek Hough and Amber won.  I've been watching episodes of Scandal on Netflix most evenings and am really hooked on that show.  I never watched it when it was on tv, though. Maybe it's still on.  I prefer Netflix as you bypass commercials and can watch as many episodes as you want.  I also have to watch Wheel of Fortune every night since you never know when your number might be drawn.

I went to my dentist yesterday to discuss my front teeth and what I can expect in the way of costs to get them fixed.  We talked for about 20 minutes (he didn't charge me, bless his heart) and it will be about $330 to get the front tooth capped or whatever he has to do to make it look normal again.  The other front teeth that feel dead will have to be addressed later on.  They like you to wait six months after a surgery before you start messing around with other body parts.  Unless one goes abscess and then I'd have to go in for a root canal right away.  I'm hoping I don't have to go down that road but sooner or later, I'm going to have to figure out something.  It's really weird having your front teeth dead.

I did a little sewing yesterday and a little work on my jigsaw puzzle but I still  seem to get tired easily so I'm taking baby steps.  I am continuing my daily exercises on my bed and while I don't want to get too excited yet, I "THINK" maybe my arms are being helped.  I'm still in pain but not as severe as I was.  I'm also trying to ride my exercise bike daily and while I don't do it as long as I probably should, at least I'm able to keep my left foot on the pedal now as it goes all the way around.

A family of quail have taken up residence (I think) under my porch again.  This afternoon I noticed one keeping watch on the deck while several others scouted around the yard for bugs.  At least I guess that's what they're doing.  They certainly seem to be making themselves at home by digging to their hearts' content.

Below is a video I got from my daughter, Mary, today.  It's really pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment