My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 19, 2015

Diary Notes

Tomorrow marks the 42nd birthday of my youngest child.  I went back to look at some of my diary notes for that period...

1-1-1973   Had Janie and Bill for dinner. We played Password afterwards.
1-4     It snowed tonight. Have been married nine years. A little worried
           about traveling to the hospital in  the snow. Doctor thinks I’ll go another week.
1-9     I expected the baby today. Had back pain but no such luck.
1-14   Had a dream I had a girl
1-19   Rosemary and Tony came over at 11 pm to spend the night and John took me to the hospital at midnight. I’d been having pains for 12 hours but wasn’t sure if it was the real thing.
1-20-1973   Jennifer Lynn born at 3:10 a.m.at Evergreen Hospital. Didn’t have a caudal as the nurses weren’t paying attention to details. I had two hours of hard labor.
1-21    I’m sick with the flu and can’t have visitors. Janie took the girls and Rosemary is watching                   Joey.
1-31    Jennifer slept through the night but I know that won’t happen often
2-2      Jennifer seems to be having problems keeping her formula down so think I’ll change it.
2-10    Jenni had cereal.

It's always interesting to reread old diary notes.  Sometimes they make me laugh but sometimes they cause me to recall the mistakes I made along the way.  

Jenni was born at Overlake Hospital in Kirkland and six months later, we moved to Port Townsend. Have never regretted that move. After she graduated high school in 1991, she moved to Port Angeles to attend Peninsula College.  Right around her 19th birthday (I was divorced and living in Hadlock then), I recorded that she was coming to dinner and bringing her new boyfriend, Wayne.

NINE YEARS LATER.....

7-18-2000 -  Jenni gave birth to twins.  Hunter Edward and Madelyn Joyce were born at 7:38 and                             7:44 a.m.


 And 14 years after that......



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNI!


No comments:

Post a Comment