My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another Good Day

Got up at 6 a.m. and decided to go for a walk (using two walking sticks).  I did okay but my hips were very happy to get home after 30 minutes.  Kind of boring in my neighborhood so tomorrow I'm gonna drive downtown to the Waterfront Trail. They have benches you can sit on along the way and I've found that if I can sit down for even one minute, I'm good to go.  Gonna wear my camera around my neck hoping I'll find at least a couple of good shots.

Also intend to wear my little Ipod as it's a lot more relaxing to walk with tunes.  Been a while since I used my Ipod (it's an old one) but it's lightweight and easy to operate. My newer Ipod (which also hasn't been used much) is a little more difficult to use.  I can't seem to get the tunes to play that I want--it has kind of a mind of it's own. Anyhow, I've got it charging in my computer and I'm looking forward to walking along the water.

I baked an apple pie this morning using ready made pie crusts.  Never bought those before as my pie crust recipe is fairly easy and tastes really good.  I was surprised at how simple using ready made is. I'll buy them again if I need a pie in a hurry but the texture and taste don't even come close to my own.

Maddie needed a pick up from the high school (cross country track practice) so we stopped at the library afterwards so I could pick up two more James Patterson novels.  Also checked out two audio books as I plan on doing some sewing this week.  I did get one quilt square cut out and will sew it tomorrow as well as a couple more.

Was in an "ordering on line" kind of mood today.  I got my Amazon Prime and my Visa bill this week and both were very low indeed.  Just the kind of incentive I needed to not feel guilty about ordering.  I sent for a crossword puzzle book and a book called 'Dad is Fat'. Also, the paperback of the first series of Game of Thrones by  George R.R. Martin.  A Song of Ice and Fire.

Also saw the first season of Thrones on DVD on sale for 50% off so I stuck that in my shopping cart too. As I recall, I tried to read Martin's book before but couldn't stick with it.  Typical for me as I get easily distracted and don't always put more effort into following the first few chapters. I've wanted to see Game of Thrones ever since it started getting rave reviews but I don't subscribe to HBO and the seasons weren't available to buy for a long time.

I've been watching Nurse Jackie on Showtime the last few weeks.  I think I start Season 7 tonight and that's the final. Next I plan on watching 'The Affair'.  Have a few others that look interesting too.

I sent in a 100-word story to Reader's Digest so now I'll have to keep an eye out to see if it gets published.  I think they post most of the stories online but if they use it in the paper magazine, you get $100.  Sometimes you have to wait months to find out but that's okay.  I think I'll work on a Town Kid blog tomorrow. Haven't really picked a topic yet but something will come to mind.  Am thinking I might write about grandparents.

Tomorrow marks the 44th birthday of my son.  Still hard to believe my youngest kids are in their forties -- or that my first grandchild is halfway through her twenties.  What's even harder to believe is that my age starts with a 7!

Well, I didn't get a nap today and I've been yawning off and on for a couple hours.  Guess that means I won't be staying up too late.  Time to head to the kitchen and heat up some leftovers for supper.

Here's some interesting pictures I got in an email today....
                                                                   3 headed cobra
                                                          7000 trees in Argentina
                                                              flower garden in Belgium
                                                                   Central Park in NY
                                                  most beautiful horse in the world
                                                            super cell storm cloud
                                           window washers at children's hospital in US

No comments:

Post a Comment