My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday morning

Man, it was hot here yesterday. Too hot to even try to sit out in the backyard for any length of time.
Was surprised to see it's cloudy and gray out this morning.  Even rained a couple times.  The lights flickered a half hour ago so I sure hope it doesn't mean electricity is going down.  I'm having a computer day and want to keep it that way.  I just finished cleaning out "my documents" and "photos" on my hard drive and moved a ton of stuff over to my exterior hard drive to work on it there.  The picture sorting always seems to get away from me, but then I know why.  I take too many pictures. No, that doesn't seem right.  Ha!

Once I get this project done, I may start up on ancestry again.  Easy and fun way to spend a day. Also have some letters to write and a Leader blog to think about.  And I might even get a nap in.

Catie and her boyfriend, Brandon, are coming by for dinner tonight. Baked potatoes and steak. This will be our first time meeting him.  Mary continues to interview for a nanny.  She had a couple she was particularly tuned in on but they got scooped up before she could hire them. Seems to be a real competition for good nannies.

Saturday morning Mary will take me back to my parked car at cousin Cindy's house in Gig Harbor. It will be an early drive as Mary (as usual) has a busy schedule.  I'm anxious to get home anyhow. Already thinking of things I want to rearrange and clean out.  Going to start with my kitchen.  I've got some many doodads in drawers that I never use.  Time to downsize a bit. Actually, I could probably downsize throughout the whole house, backyard, and garage.  Funny how quickly things accumulate when your intention is to keep it simple.

The presidential campaign continues to rile me.  I love talking politics and listening to the candidates but I am none too pleased that Donald Trump is getting all the attention.  I pretty much mute the set the minute I see his ugly puss!  And I do the same with any celebrity or commentator who starts raving about how great he is.  Ron Perlman from Sons of Anarchy was going on and on yesterday about the genius Trump is.  What a pile of B.S.!  He got muted quickly!

I'm not sure why Trump is such a thorn in my side. Politics has always been an arena for egomaniacs with big mouths.  He's just one of those individuals who makes me cringe. Always has.  And it also riles me the way the TV people keep shoving it down our throats that he's leading in the polls.  I can't believe that he could ever win an election for President.  Surely the majority of Americans aren't that stupid!  I remember feeling the same way about Ross Perot. I thought he was a ridiculous choice for President.

Well, enough on that subject for now. But I'm not done discussing this. Another time....

Greta and I just took Jake for a stroller ride around the block. He was having a hissy fit cause he wanted to continue blowing bubbles on the deck and wasn't being persuaded that we could do something else.  He's fine now. Quick stroll outside and now he's having a graham cracker and watching Chugginton on TV.  He loves trains. He played 'Operation' this morning. Loved that he could make a continual buzz if he kept the needle inside.  Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment