My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 21, 2015

Final Day in Renton

Greta and I took Jake for a short stroller ride around the block today. I saw garage sale sign and wanted to check it out. Spent two dimes.  Got a slinky and a rubber elastic key chain bracelet.  Walking was a little tough since Greta was pushing the stroller but I took a walking stick and did better. I just may try walking with two sticks when I get back home.  Need to force myself to get out there.

Jake took a real long nap today so Greta napped too and I finished up all the computer work I've been trying to get done.  So happy to have that project completed.  Mary and I will leave at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow so I guess I'll hit the sack early tonight.  Like that's anything new!  I've been going to bed super early every night I've been here.

Andy, Mary, Jake and I all went to the park after they got home from work.  He loves the park.  They had two monkey bar/slide structures --one for kids 2-4 and the other for kids 5-12.  He seemed to prefer the 5-12 one because that's where the big guys were hanging out.  He tried following one kid who took off on a very fancy skateboard.  Jake saw those wheels turning and thought "that's for me!"

He also made a beeline for a guy tossing a ball with his large dog.  And across the field was a kid shooting hoops.  Mary asked if Jake could play with the ball for a minute and the kid said sure.  I had to laugh when I saw Jake actually trying to toss that ball in the direction of the basket!






We only stayed a little while. Andy is out mowing the lawn now and Mary is going to cook Kung Pao Chicken for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment