My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Changing the Walls

One of these days, maybe next spring or summer when I'm feeling more energetic (yeah, like that's gonna happen!) I should see about painting the interior walls in some of the rooms of this house.  I've been here 7 years already and they're looking like they need a pep talk.

Meanwhile, I decided to perk up my bedroom walls as I was tired of the mish mash of things I'd tacked up in the name of beauty.  Ha!  Here's a rundown of the various four sides of the room that I played around with and one of the geese in the doorway going from the bedroom to the front room. I've had that goose picture on the left for years but can't remember where I got it.  The other one was a needlepoint a neighbor in Sequim did years ago.  She gave me the canvas and I had it stretched and framed at a frame shop.  Man, framing is expensive and I'll think twice about doing that again!
This is a Dick and Jane print that I always liked for some reason.  Memories of learning to read, I suppose.  Might be an odd choice for a wall decoration but all my wall hangings and knickknacks reflect my personality in some form or another.

Here's the rest of the walls....

 I bought the bird and the colorful lemon tree at Goodwill or some place like that.  My sister-in-law, Lill, made the four hearts; my sister, Janie, made the six 'childhood' memories, and I made the other three.


 I made these three but intend to do the blooming tulips again using better colors.




 This was a print I picked up a yard sale most likely. The hanging mobile on the left needs to be fixed but it's prehistoric dinosaurs that glow in the dark.  Yep.  I'm easily amused.


This is the doll my sister made me and a cardinal jigsaw puzzle I was especially fond of when I finished putting it together.

And because I enjoy taking pictures of birds, here's my last three shots...



And here's the latest picture of Jake with his nanny.  He's so much happier not going to daycare, and she's an absolute jewel!


No comments:

Post a Comment