My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Around the House

Been up since 7 and was kind of disappointed to see my favorite Sunday morning news show preempted by football.  Couldn't find any golf available today either.   If I can get in the mood, I may use up that last envelope of yeast I have laying in a drawer to make some cinnamon rolls.  They take a while so you really have to be committed to playing Betty Crocker.  Also intend to spend some quality time at the sewing machine as I begin my puzzle quilt, as I've decided to call it.  It will be a bright thing, that's for sure.  I continue to listen to James Michenor's 'Alaska' on tape and it's holding my interest.

Sue and Paul came by yesterday. He planted the bulbs they had given me for my birthday and she weeded the front area again underneath the window of this room. That dang horsetail stuff can take over an area so quickly and it comes back no matter what you do. Mine wasn't quite this bad but I imagine it could get that way sooner or later.
Sue is really good at landscaping and weeding and planting.  Not the first time she's cleaned up this particular area from bad to good.

Think I'll just post various pictures I took around the neighborhood recently. First, though, are two of grandchildren.  Maddie at a Friday night football game with friends. How did she get to be a sophomore already? And Jakey Poo the man playing with his trucks.
                                                                 Maddie in the middle
                                                          The face of a happy boy

In the yard.....
                              A black crow contemplating life and another on the go

                                 Posted this on FB. Call in Pigs in a Blanket of Leaves

Around the house....
Have to do it carefully and slowly but it's always fun for me to rearrange furniture. Wayne and Hunter stopped by to help me transfer the two heavy tvs between the living room and bedroom. I'm happy now.

In the neighborhood.....
 Two houses in progress a few feet up the street. Expecting houses to be built going all the way down the block on that side of the road so construction may be my view for the coming months and/or years.
 A road I travel frequently. A ball field and the airport are on the right. A park and the fairground on the left. This road takes me to the high school where I pick up the kids and the library, one of my favorite places to hang.
Two blocks down the street shows possessions of a displaced family that I assume were evicted. There were always a lot of kids' toys in the yard.

Looking over the calendar, I see we've got 81 days 'til Christmas.  I don't stress over Christmas expenses anymore.  Don't have the money to buy gifts and most people on my list already have too much stuff already.  I do miss the days, however, of buying toys for young kids. Maybe I should look into buying for the disadvantaged.  Yeah, I think I might do that.

Have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment