My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, October 19, 2015

October hasn't been that great so far

So worried about Jenni.  She was in the ER on the 13th (terrific pain) and they "guessed" it might be kidney stone. Said the CT scan didn't show one but I've read on Google that they don't always show up on CTs and she might need a different test.  If that's even what it is.  Wayne had to take her in this morning at 4 a.m. as the pain was over the top again.  They gave her some prescriptions for pain and nausea, sent her home and told her to see her doctor.  Oh brother!  I get mad all over again when I think about it.

I went over there this morning at 10 (Wayne was at work by this time) and picked up the prescriptions she needed filled at Walmart.  Sat in their parking lot for an hour waiting for them to text me they were ready.  Took them back to her place, she grabbed a pain pill and went back to bed.
At 4 when I dropped Hunter off after school, she had moved to the couch (faithful dog at her side) but she was still out of it and hurting.  I went back to the high school later to pick up Maddie and dropped her off at home with my heating pad to see if that would help any.  I did call the doctor (hers wasn't available, of course) so she'll see this other lady at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning.  Can only hope she makes some kind of decision to pinpoint what's going on here.

Wayne said they were the only people in the ER at 4 am yet they had to sit for well over an hour in the room waiting for someone.  Typical.  I hate ERs.  I especially hate the one in this town!

My eyes have been bothering me the last day or so and it just occurred to me that I have turned on the heat.  I've wondered before if the electric vents were blowing dust and dirt around and irritating my eyes.  Course you can't see a thing so I'm just taking a stab in the dark.  Does seem unusual, though, that the eye problem has returned just when I'm turning on the thermostat.  Could just be plain ole allergies or even psoriasis.  You can get that psoriasis crap anywhere on your body.

I didn't get much accomplished today.  Too preoccupied worrying about Jenni.  So hard to see your kids in pain.  Mary said it reminded her of when I was going through my knee difficulties.  I was completely out of it with pain and couldn't have made any medical decisions for myself.  I think it kind of scared both of them to see me so vulnerable but when pain reaches that level, you pretty much go to a different place.

I still think about how "mental and emotional" I became during that period. Personality changes big time.  I was fretful and scared and weepy and general an all around basket case.  They thought for sure I was going to have to go to a home.  Only good thing was that I quit eating and lost 25 pounds.
Didn't take long for that to come back once I was on my feet, though. Staying healthy really gets harder and harder as you age.

I knew sewing was out of the question today as you have to be in the right frame of mind.  I did get some picture sorting done on my computer, though, so all was not lost.  I probably have more pictures of Jake than I do of the other three grandkids put together.  BUT I LOVE THEM ALL THE SAME!   hee hee

And on that note, here's a picture of each of my grandkids......
Jacob Andrew
Madelyn Joyce
Catherine Alicia

                                                                    Hunter Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment