My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekend company

Been a busy couple of days.  I had planned on going to a birthday party at John Wayne Marina yesterday for Jeanne Blaurock's 70th and then down the road to visit Jenni at her scrapbooking camp at Ramblewood but Mary got a late start leaving Renton so plans were altered a bit.  It can be a challenge traveling with a two-year-old.  Heck, everything is a challenge with a two-year-old.  By the time they arrived, it was too late to drive to the party and there was no way Jake was going to agree to more car time after being strapped in for three hours already.

Brandon & Catie arrived the night before and had plans to go hiking with Sue and Paul on Saturday. Two of the pictures she took included a raccoon at Frugal's Hamburger Drive-in and a mountain view at Hurricane Ridge.

I took pictures of them snuggling on the couch and when they were saying goodbye this morning to drive into Port Townsend.

And here's one she took of Brandon on their way over here on Friday when they took the ferry.
Yesterday, we took Jake outside for a while (the weather was spectacular all day long) so he could ride his bike. My new neighbor, Heather, was unloading her car so I introduced her to Mary.
I probably took a hundred pictures of Jake getting into stuff but I managed to trim the collection down to a reasonable number.
 I didn't hear him last night but Mary said he woke up at 2 and was in her single bed with her until 5 a.m. Then he wandered out to the living room and thought Brandon being on the floor meant it was party time.  Poor Brandon. Sleep was over for him.
 I purposely left my guitar out as I'm hoping Jake will be grandchild who plays guitar.  I'm never giving up.
 This was taken this morning while he waited for his mom to pack the car for their trip to PT
 The toys I set out for him were of little interest although he did like the large pink Barbie car. Completely ignored the large Barbie pink horse with purple hair.  ha ha  He was much more interested in my green and blue bottles on the window sill.  I didn't think they would be something he'd play with so I left them in place.  I was wrong.  First thing he did was try to chew one of the corks in a couple of the bottles.
 This was on a street near my house which I took mainly because of the pretty leaves on the tree.
 The guitar was taller than he was but I have high hopes he'll play one day.
 This was a minor fall. Didn't seem to bother him a bit but I think he was annoyed that I grabbed my camera instead of running to pick him up.  Ha!
 I knew he'd like my little toilet collection in the bathroom but I did put up all the glass ones.
 Here we are having quality time together.  hee hee
                                                           And this is my street.
 Mary brought an entire box of his toys but that fire engine was about the only thing he spent a lot of time with.  Unfortunately, he dunked it in the bird bath and for the rest of the weekend, the truck kept "going off" with a garbled yet annoying siren and whistle.  We finally had to take the batteries out because it would start in on its own and scared us half to death.
 Here he is investigating the blue bottle collection by removing the corks.
 The first thing he did when I brought down Maddie's old Barbie car was take Barbie and Ken out and toss them aside.  Never looked at them again but he did find favor with the car.
 Another bathroom shot -- just because little boys that are naked HAVE to have their picture taken.  Oh dear, does that sound perverted?  Oh well, you know what I mean.
 When he first got here, we let him go out in the back yard to look around.  And look around he did. Every nook and cranny.

This was a "tongue" shot I took while he was cruisin' the street.

I spent about a half hour putting the house back together after everyone left but I miss him already.  I had to laugh at some of the things Mary told me about him as his vocabulary continues to grow.  She said if her and Andy are carrying on a conversation, he is "in their face and noisy" wanting all their attention. If they quit talking,then he'll go back to playing with his toys on his own.  And if he's watching some favorite cartoon show and they're talking, he'll put his finger against his nose and say "SHhhh".  I noticed when he played with my miniature toilets that he made a flushing sound and yelled "POOP".  Yeah, that's the kind of thing that I find amusing.  ha ha

Well, I certainly made out well with this visit. Mary brought me an ice chest FULL of frozen foods that she got at the Trader Joe's where she shops.  My freezer is well stocked and I am thrilled beyond words!  THANK YOU MARY AND ANDY!

Seahawks are on in 45 minutes so I guess I'll fold the laundry now that the dryer is done. Gonna pretty much loaf the rest of the day and tomorrow it will be back to sewing.  I did post on the PT Leader website a few days ago so you can catch my Town Kid blog at www.ptleader.com


No comments:

Post a Comment