My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, October 24, 2015

October Rain

It's 4 pm and it's been raining off and on most of the afternoon.  I took an hour and a half nap and thankfully, woke up refreshed instead of groggy.  I don't know why it is but most of the time when I nap in the recliner, I end up feeling very cold.  Even with the heat on and an afghan on me.  I figure it's probably my circulation slowing down to a crawl (or something?).

Anyhow, I noticed a lot of bird activity earlier in the day outside my computer room window.  Lot so little ones flying and darting for the seed hanging on my eave.  And then I started to hear birds a little bigger and caught this stupid bluejay nosing around.  Him and three others.
I think they're very pretty BUT...they're also very PIGGY!  I had hoped they wouldn't spot my feeder near the front porch but again....silly me!  I put fresh hummingbird feeder in the front and back and brought both feeders in to clean.  Filled up the bird bath with water even though I knew rain was coming and it must have been appreciated because I found lot of birds taking a bath later.



I spent a couple hours or so in the sewing room working on quilt squares and putting them together. It's coming right along and I'll head back there again tomorrow morning.

Watched a video on YouTube via the Roku device on the tv last night about new tips on searching on ancestry.com.  I'm anxious to try them out today as I revive my search for ole Charlie Boy.  Eventually, I think I'm going to tie all the relatives together in a story.  Have a lot of data on some and just a sprinkling on others.

Been emailing with a classmate who is working on a book and she sends me chapters to read from time to time.  The last batch she sent discussed a house she lived in for a time in Port Townsend.  It sounded a heck of a lot like the same one I lived in in 1973-74.  I sent her pictures and she's pretty sure it's the same place.  I called this lady whose folks rented the house to us and she said the name Henry Decker sounded awfully familiar to her and he had something to do with the house as she recalls so it must be the same place.
                                                                  424 F  Street

The house has changed a whole lot since I lived there. It's on the left in this old picture in front of that house on the hill.  The ink mark on the picture at the bottom is the lower field at Lincoln School.

Mary posted some pictures on Facebook of Jake at his gym class wearing his halloween costume for this year.  So cute.

Joyce Lee Adams and I took a drive to Sequim Dungeness Golf Course on Thursday afternoon to pick up Maddie at her cross country meet.  She came in third and got a medal.



                           Ed Dougherty & Kathy Snyder, the other PA grandparents
 Joyce Lee ran into a woman she knows. I didn't know anyone.
      
                             When will I learn not to pose with a thin person?!  ha ha
The boys ran after the girls did. I didn't get there in time to see Maddie run.

Off to ancestry I go now.  Have started watching 'The Unit' on Amazon prime in the evenings and am enjoying it but.....sometimes I get weary of something after a bit and I need to move on.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment