My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gonna be a fun day

Nothing much planned and what pleases me is that NO housework is on the agenda. I did it all yesterday.  One of the pluses of living alone.  I'm sitting at the kitchen table about to start my daily crossword puzzle on the Yahoo website and then I'll be jumping over to ancestry.com.

I'm researching Blankenships  and am going through each of the aunts and uncles that my g. grandfather had. Today is Amy Blanche Blankenship who married Samuel Baxter Weir.  Sometimes listed as Wear. She was born in 1822 and I've already found data from another person's family tree. Mostly on Samuel but it's a start.

Saw that 'Birdman' was available to rent on Amazon Prime for $5 so I watched it last night.  For the first half hour, I kept waiting for it to get going.  Two hours later when it concluded I was glad I didn't pay theater prices to watch it.  What a rotten movie.  Stupid and not at all worthy (in my opinion) as best picture of the year.  No way!  But the Oscars are like that.  If you want to put a great website in your favorites, visit filmsite.org/oscars

I realize movie tastes vary and no one is ever going to agree on best picture of the year but some of the worst choices for me include these --
The English Patient winning over Fargo or Shine
The Departed over The Queen
No Country for old men over Juno or Michael Clayton
The Hurt Locker over The Blind Side
The Artist over The Help or The Descendants.

This last one, especially.  I thought The Artist was right up there with Birdman as worst pick.

I saw a cute video on Facebook this morning so I think I'll go to YouTube and see if I can find it to post here. You'd have to be a fan of House of Cards to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment