My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 23, 2015

Sunny Monday

I had to turn the heat on when I got up this morning but once I got the chill off the house and the sun started streaming in, I was glad to turn off the heat.  I've even got the sliding glass door open now (but I still have a sweater on).  Noticed my bird feeder in the back yard is empty so I made a quick Swains run to pick up another bag.  Stopped by Safeway too as I can always find something I need as long as I'm in the neighborhood.

I came home and pulled out four cookbooks to look over recipes and see what I could whip up over the next two or three weeks.  My menu has been so boring lately, I knew I had to make a little bit of an effort.  Now I have to go back to the store and buy a million ingredients.  I'm exaggerating, of course, but the list is still long.

Recipes that caught my eye were green pea salad, waldorf salad, crock pot chowder, chicken quesadillas, red beans & rice, split pea soup, lentil salad, crab cakes, clam chowder, and a master mix that you can use for everything from biscuits to pancakes to pizza.  Now I have to get in the mood to cook.

I had a housework list this morning too.  More than usual.  The regular stuff plus little odds and ends---like soaking my dish strainer in the bathtub with bleach. Am hoping it will clean it up. Normally, I wouldn't even notice but I guess the sun shining up the room is exposing dirt I'd normally miss.

Wasn't impressed with the Oscar show last night.  Parts of it were okay but the MC fell flat and you could tell he was desperate for laughs when he came onstage in his underpants.  Might have been more interesting if he was a manly man but he's just a skinny little twerp.  His mother must be so proud.

A friend of mine has a son who won a Grammy years ago when he was in a popular band.  Because of that, he gets to vote for best picture for the Screen Actors Guild and gets copies of the movies that are nominated. My friend was visiting him and got to bring home two movies to watch.  Is that cool or what?!

The 'short' I was hoping would win didn't but it did give me the idea that I need to pursue where I can watch 'shorts.'  I'm pretty sure my Roku has a channel that takes you there. I'm going to check it out. I think I may start watching foreign movies too.  They always look so good on the Oscar show.  I'm looking forward to a lot of the movies mentioned last night.  Not sure how many I will actually go to a movie house to see but I "might" take in a couple.  Maybe Still Alice and American Sniper.  I need to find someone to go with me. I'm not all that fond of going to shows alone (but I could).

Called the guy who installed windows in the house when it was built and thankfully, they're all under a lifetime warranty. They're coming out to replace it soon free of charge.  Yay!

My half sister in prison in PA told me the snow is up to her waist back there and they're hauling it out the gate daily.  (And how many people can write that on their blog?) ha ha

Well, I've got to open up the link sausages I bought and make them up into 2-pc pkgs for the freezer.  Made three salads yesterday so I'll have one of those for supper with the garlic bread I bought.

Mary & Andy had to put a gate across their tv 'cause they were afraid Jake would pull it down on himself.  He is into everything. Here he is sharing his bear with a kid on a show.

Mary's dad and his wife stopped in yesterday to bring a rocking horse to Jake and he was apparently quite happy with it.  Mary sent me this picture of John and Jake.  I know John reads my blog so I'm guessing he'll be surprised to see himself on here.
I guess I'd better get out and about and take some pictures. It's getting pretty bad when you're using ones of your ex husband.  ha ha ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment