My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Saturday with Jake



Mary, Jenni, and Maddie were preparing to take Jake over to this popular park in Port Angeles.  It was time for my nap so Sammy the dog and I had crashed in my recliner.  I think Sammy was happy to stay home anyhow.  He was okay with Jake although there were a few times we had to remind Jake not to be too rough.  Sammy's main problem, however, was having to share Jake with Jenni.  He was jealous and wasn't all that excited to see Jake getting a lot of lap time.  Eventually Sammy decided he was okay and gave him a round of "dog kisses".  I don't think Jake knew what to make of it all...but he liked it!

We fixed hamburgers for supper with sweet potato fries and beans.  Mary bought all the chow, bless her heart --plus a lot of things just for my pantry.  I love shopping with her. She never looks at prices. If she wants it, she buys it.




                                                       That was a good cupcake!
                       I laughed as Jake climbed right up onto the fridge shelf to reach an orange
                                              Playing at the park with cousin Maddie


                                                 This is my tent (or fort)
                                               Wayne and the twins after supper

                                      I can turn off the TV over and over again
                                         Mickey Mouse Club ... this looks good
                     He was very interested in watching all the other kids at the park

Noticed some purple crocus sprouting in the back yard when we were outside playing.

After Jenni, Wayne, the twins and Sammy left (and Jake's bath was done), he was put down for the night and Mary and I settled in to watch a movie on demand.  She had seen Robert Duvall and Robert Downey, Jr. in  The Judge and wanted me to see it too.  I'd been looking for it at RedBox but it was always out so I was pleased to find it on Amazon Prime.  Cost is a little more ($4 vrs. $1.50) but I don't have to drive back to Walgreens to return it.

Drove into Port Townsend on Friday and took some pictures at a parking lot downtown.





Stopped by Ruth's to install the Scrabble game on her computer but either the disk was no good or her computer needs some repair 'cause I couldn't get it to work.  Something is amiss with her computer, I think, because she has all kinds of problems she shouldn't be having.  And this has been going on since the day she got the computer.  Wish she'd trade it in for another version.

I'm making three trips into PT next month for various activities but my calendar is free for the rest of February.  I'll probably so what I do and settle in at ancestry.com.  Have to go find a VHS tape now so I can record SNL that runs from 8-11:30 tonight.  Previews look pretty good.  I'll be watching two hours of Downton Abbey at 8 since I missed last Sunday's episode.

Sitting here watching golf right now. They've got Clint Eastwood sitting in the box with them and he says American Sniper will be profiled on 60 Minutes tonight.  I want to see that one. Mary said when they left the theater, everyone was solemn and quiet as they filed out. She'd read somewhere that other theaters were reporting the same reaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment