My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

One day in a row

I actually got out and walked today.  The waterfront trail downtown is ideal 'cause there are several benches along the way and I've found if I can sit down for even 30 seconds now and then, I'm good to go a while longer.  I stayed out for about 45 minutes.  Came across a group of young moms (strollers have changed sooooo much since my days of pushing children) and I took some pictures of them as they stopped to do stretching exercises on the way back.


Noticed a few homeless guys here and there too.  Younger gents but you could tell.  I stopped to talk to one as I had my Ipod plugged in and a song by Queen came on that I wanted to know the name of.
He knew it and I suspect he would have liked to talk longer as he asked me "what's up?"  And do I listen to Queen.  I told him no, I was more a fan of Bob Dylan.'

Noticed one house along the upper trail that I think I would sell if it was mine. Just seems so silly to have a house built on cliffs in an area where we can get heavy rain.
It is a beautiful view, though.  Not so much this morning as it was cloudy.
I took two more pictures on the way home. One while stopped at a traffic light of the Federal Building and another on 12th Street as it indicated spring was on the way.


I watched Dawn of the Planet of Apes on pay-for-view last night. It just "okay" but definitely better than that stupid Birdman!  I probably should limit myself to two movies a week since there is a lot of free stuff I can tune in on Netflix and Amazon Prime.  I did notice, though, that The Theory of Everything is available and so is Whiplash.

Woke up with a horrible charlie horse cramp this morning. Man, I hate those buggers!  Going to have to go out and buy some potassium and magnesium tablets again, I guess.

Jenni is going to scrapbook camp this weekend so I'll be picking the twins up at high school the next two afternoons.  Window guy is coming tomorrow to measure for the free replacement needed.  And that's about it.  I better get up and move around. I'm getting sleepy. And it's only 5:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment