My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Grammys

I taped the Grammys and sat down to watch them last night. I knew they'd be full of commercials and show-offs that I didn't want to be subjected to.

I was glad Sam Smith won.  I requested that CD for Christmas so I guess I still know what good music is.  Didn't understand why Mary Blige had to horn in on his song, though.  Well, yes I do know but I won't type the words.

The Grammys have become a sideshow.  I've thought so for a long time and they're only getting worse. A lot of entertainers are way too full of themselves.  Kanye West comes to mind. So does Madonna, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, and Adam Levine.

Tom Jones kind of ruined the classic "You've lost that lovin' feeling" but I'll forgive him because he's getting on in years and he's provided me with a lot of enjoyable performances when we were both younger.  The dancing/singing? act by Sia was just plain DUMB!   Always interesting to read the comments people make after the show about how so-and-so was over the top good...blah blah blah.
Course everyone is entitled to their own opinion (which is why I have a blog).

Anyhow, I didn't care for Annie Lennox or Beyonce's big gospel number at the end.  Actually, I think Beyonce is a great dancer and entertainer; I just don't care for the adoration that tries to portray her as the Queen Bee.

I did like Paul McCartney singing with Rihanna. Kanye West didn't add much to the mix. I've seen Rihanna perform other songs and I think she's way better than Beyonce.

I liked most all the country numbers; especially Dwight Yoakam with Brandy Clark. Tony Bennett was good with Lady Gaga, but then I've always felt Lady Gaga was pretty good.  Odd as that type of glitz doesn't usually do much for me but I think she's got something.

I didn't care for Beck but his music is good and he certainly deserved to win over Beyonce.  Beck's music is good music; it's just not the kind I would usually go out and buy.  I noticed "online" that there were several awards given that weren't even mentioned. Too bad the Grammys have become such a grandstand for the flamboyant.  You know who I mean.

And Obama sticking his mug in there.  What a bunch of baloney!  Was really glad I could FF through that!

I probably shouldn't blog when I'm crabby. ha ha   I had a terrible time dropping off to sleep last night. I'm always surprised when that happens as I'm usually very tired when I lay down, and if insomnia creeps in, I wonder why.  I tossed and turned all night and finally got up at 5 a.m.  I'm sure that means a nap is in the works before this day is over.

I watched about three episodes of 'The Killing' on Amazon Prime and turned it off at 11:30 to hit the sack. That's late for me.  I think I have three episodes left of Season 2 and then I'm either going to have to pay for season 3 (one episode at a time at $2 a shot) or LET IT GO!  Oh dear...I really didn't think it would be a problem but that ole hook is in pretty strong.  But, I'll be strong too.  I am not going to pay that ransom.

Guess I'll go splash water in my face now.  Gonna be one of those kind of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment