My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A productive day

Maddie came over after track practice to help me clean up the pots on my deck.  We scrubbed them with bleach water and while they're not "a wunnerful, a wunnerful" they are better looking. Here's before and after....

She swept off the porch and even helped me pull some weeds along the steps.  Then she carried the bin of weeds to the empty lot across the street.


In the front yard, she cut off some of the black plastic lining along the curb that has been blowing in the wind.
I refilled the hummingbird feeders with fresh nectar and got the bird baths scrubbed up too.


I enjoy puttering in the yard and pulling weeds, etc. but I found the tasks almost too much.  My shoulder doesn't like me to extend it out and yank on stuff.  My knees weren't all that fond of bending either.  It's hell to get old!

Tomorrow, Dave and Mary Gaboury are stopping in for a while.  Their car is being serviced here in PA and they'll have a loaner for a few hours. They intend to go visit Dave's son who also lives in the west end of PA.

Had a bowl of homemade chicken soup for supper.  It was yummy but sure took me a while to pick out all the tiny bones.  I thought I had got them all but nope!  Always kind of scary eating chicken soup with tiny bones hidden away.  I'd hate for that to be my cause of death --chocking on a chicken bone.

Guess I'll head to the recliner now and see what Netflix has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment