My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tuesday morn

Just cleaned out the fridge and dumped most everything into a chicken stock for soup.  I bought a whole chicken a few days ago and was reminded of how long it's been since I actually cut up a chicken. My knives could have been sharper, I suppose, but the whole process took way more time and effort than I was wanting to spend on the project.  Oh well, it's done now.  Got half a dozen packages to freeze up and heaven knows, I saved money doing it that way.

Wish I knew what was going on with my low back.  This is day 3 of having to be darn careful how I bend, walk, and sit.  I even broke down and took an Aleve yesterday even though I've  been advised to lay off all pain pills until my kidney numbers look better.  Not sure what that means but I'll find out next month when I go in for another blood draw.  I long ago accepted the fact (against my will) that this ole body is going to remind me on a daily basis that it's old and this is what you get for carrying extra weight.   Like that wasn't something I already knew.

I set out fresh hummingbird nectar, washed up all the dishes, and I do believe that is the extent of my chores today.  Still have to drive Maddie to the high school in about 20 minutes and then pick her up at noon.  They're on spring break but the track team still works out.

Rented two movies from Red Box yesterday and rented one on pay-for-view the night before that. All three were academy award nominees but were only so so, in my opinion -- The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Interstellar.  Matthew McConaughey got good reviews on IMDB but I didn't think his acting was anything to write home about.  He kind of got on my nerves.  Also found the dialogue sound hard to follow on that movie. Couldn't understand what they were mumbling half the time.

Saw this photo on Facebook yesterday and thought it was TERRIFIC!  Katherine Baril took it so I had to look over some of her other shots.  Man!  Really good!
Spent a lot of yesterday researching genealogy clues.  I wanted to know more about Perry Banks in the old album who was listed as a half brother of my g. grandfather.  Naturally there are more than one Perry Banks out there so today I'm going to continue the search.  I did find one Perry in a household with two Patton girls (Daisy and Annie) who were listed as his step sisters.  May not be the right Perry but seeing the name Patton made me want to search it out more.  Having a heck of a time running down Daisy and Annie but I think I'm getting closer.

The Perry Banks in this household was a silent screen actor along with his wife, Bessie.  Found a few references to his work online.

Banks, Perry: b Victoria BC 1877; educated Pierce Christian College, CA
stage career, 15 yrs stock and rep., with Robert Downing in rep; vaud. and circus; did Griffith’s sketch,’In Washington’s Time: Screen career, American: Other side of the door, Overalls, The overcoat, Faith, Melissa of the Hills, The sea master, A sporting Chance, Six feet Four, Eve in exile, Slim Bang Jim, House of Toys.

from IMDB:
Perry Banks (1877–1934)
Actor | Writer
Perry Banks was born on April 24, 1877 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. He was an actor and writer, known for The Gulf Between (1916), The Legend Beautiful (1915) and Overalls (1916). He died on October 10, 1934 in Santa Barbara, California, USA. See full bio »
Born: April 24, 1877 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Died: October 10, 1934 (age 57) in Santa Barbara, California, USA


I even found a website showing pictures of silent screen actors and while Perry was listed, his picture was an ad for George Bush.  Made me mad but I'm gonna' keep hunting.

Maddie has offered to help me clean the pots on the back deck so "maybe" I'll have her help me with those this afternoon.  Or not.  I really want to be out there working but my back has got to cooperate at least a little more than it's doing now.

Had one picture in my email this morning.  Made me smile...
And I'm off...

No comments:

Post a Comment