My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 3, 2015

And My Friday Begins...

It's a little after 8 a.m.  Sammy is snoozing in his bed and I've just finished my morning Yahoo crossword puzzle (in 17 minutes no less!).  Love it when that happens.  I didn't even have to search for clues.  Chores today include unloading the dishwasher.  And that's it.  Just the kind of to-do lists I like -- empty ones!

I finished watching Season 1 of BROADCHURCH last night.  Something I found on Netflix and man oh man, what a twister it was.  I not once even suspected who the killer was.  I hope the next two seasons are free too.  I'll check later.  Only flaw with the show was that  the English dialect was often hard to follow so I'd miss conversations.  Even with that, though, it was one good program.



I have to share the April Fool tricks my daughter, Jenni, pulled on Wednesday.  Her and her kids are big on April Fools jokes.  Hunter monkeyed with her computer chair by figuring out how to tape a bull horn to the bottom that would blare once you sat down on it.
Jenni posted it on Facebook with the comment "Just look what my kids did. I'm so proud!"  She's such a Roseanne mom.  ha ha

What she did at work was pretty funny too.  First of all, she convinced all her co-workers in her department to call in sick that morning before work.  Gave the boss quite a fright until they showed up.  Her next gag was especially interesting.  I love the way she thinks.

She put a paperclip on the glass of the copier and made a couple dozen (or more?) copies of it.  She positioned it so that it would show up on the corner of the paper at the top.  Then she put the papers in the copy machine on another floor used by her friends.  She switched some of the papers so that the paperclip would show up at the top of some copies and at at the bottom of others.

As the copiers examined their paperwork, they couldn't figure out why a paper clip was showing up.
They messed with the copier trying to find where a paperclip might have fallen into the works.  Then they called the IT department so they could fix things.  Jenni was so pleased when she heard about it later.  hee hee

Yesterday I hunted and hunted (again) trying to find my grandpa, one of his brothers, and two of his sisters in the 1900 census.  I tried everything I could think of but somehow or another, they either were all in transit or all overlooked when that census was taken.  I'm pretty sure they were  in Oregon as I found all the other siblings but for whatever reason, I can't find a trace of them.  Grandpa got married in Winlock in 1903 so I searched the Washington census records too. Even went to Idaho, Nebraska, and California just to be on the safe side.  So odd.

I finally moved on and decided to get down to work on making chapters on each sibling.  I started with his older sister, Elizabeth (Lizzie) who married a Thomason.  I have a lot of the poems she wrote thanks to a cousin in Bend, Oregon and have a copy of her and her husband's death certificate.  One thing I never could find on Elizabeth was her middle name.  Maybe if I had her birth certificate it would be on that but it sure wasn't anywhere in the public records I found on her.  She was always Elizabeth C. Thomason or ECT.

Here's a picture of her and her husband in their early  and later days.


Well, off to the  dishwasher I go and then I think I'll start on the chapter for Georgia Anna (Georgie) and Jake Stark.  She was grandpa's oldest sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment