My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Busy Saturday

Thank God for teenage grandsons is all I have to say!  Hunter is such a dear.  Mowed the front and back, weed eated, pulled curbside weeds and sprayed the area, moved my garbage cans and all my bird feeder stakes and bird bath, hooked up front and back hoses, and even put a screw back in my recliner.  Oh, and fixed the sliding glass door after it somehow came off its groove.

Maddie is coming over tomorrow to do some weeding for me. She's at a track meet today. Maggie has been here since noon yesterday. Kathy and Ed should be back tonight. They had long ferry line waits as she didn't know you needed reservations.

I watched a little golf but fell asleep in my recliner. I knew I was tired as I had woke up at 4:30 with a horrible calf cramp. Man, but I hate those things!  I came out to the recliner to put in two more hours but being outside working in the yard wore me out.  Even though Hunter did all the work, I tried to do a few things.  It's so annoying to not be able to do the level of yard work (and housework) that I used to.

Here's various pictures I took.  Neighbors are having a 6th birthday party for their son.  I don't really know them but I'll probably give them prints that I took from my deck. They're in the coast guard and are moving to Florida in June.






 Maggie hears an awful lot of kids on the other side of that fence


 the only side of the house that lets grass grow that looks like real grass. This is the before picture.
I sure like this puzzle. Am thinking I might mount it for the wall.  It's not real big. Just a 500-piece.

Talked to my step-sister, Shannon Timbers, yesterday. She lives in Sumner.  I wanted to know if her husband, Ed, is going to be working the big golf tournament that is scheduled to be held in Washington later this summer. She said yes.  I'll have to watch for him. Chambers Bay near Tacoma in the middle of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment