My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, June 1, 2015

54 years ago

I'm pretty sure I graduated high school on June 1st.  Hard to believe that was 54 years ago! Maybe I'll post my class here as a memory of that night.

Here's my class as freshmen and as seniors. (click to enlarge)


Sadly, I hear the old Lincoln School Bldg is probably going to be torn down. Such a shame but it's had a long run, that's for sure.  I love that old building, and I never tire at collecting pictures of it.





                            I lived in that white house in the foreground from 1973-75.


So many memories for so many people in this old building. I sure hope I can get a brick as a keepsake.

I plan on traveling into PT on June 13th for the annual alumni reunion.  Probably won't stay for the dinner and dance but I will be packing .... and shooting.  (with my camera, of course)  I wonder if I can drop 25 pounds in two weeks.  I may have waited too long.  Ha!

Discovered a pretty neat show on Amazon Prime the other night. It's a series from HBO called 'Five Days.'  Was driving me crazy to figure out who two of the stars were so I had to look them up.  They were both from Downton Abbey.

Granddaughter (the runner) just stopped in to sell me a ticket for a car wash downtown this Saturday. My car needs it and $5 sounds like a good deal. She took off running to the other gramma's house 'cause I was an easy sell.

Well, gotta go throw something together for supper and change the calendars.  Maybe I'll try and get out and about this week to take some pictures.  Haven't felt real good the past few days. Allergies, I suspect as scotch broom is blossoming all around me.  Big Time! Here's a view from my front step.


No comments:

Post a Comment