My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 26, 2015

Time to catch up

Gees, it's been over ten days since I posted on my blog. Just been one thing or another keeping me from sitting down.  Well, that's not exactly true....I'm usually sitting down.  Ha!

It's early (7 a.m.) and looks like another hot day is in the works. I've got to make a Walmart run and intend to leave in two hours just so I can get it over with.  I did go to Safeway yesterday so my list for WM this morning is shorter.  Also need to stop at Walgreen's to pick up a few photo reprints from the alumni party on June 13th.  Hard to believe it's been two weeks already.

Here's a few shots from that event...
                                                         Alice LaChance (sister of my friend, Doris)
                                                Mary Gaboury, Linda Pedersen, and me
                                             Mary, me, Jean Tyler, Karen Cuykendall
                                                             Dave Deits & Cathi White
 Renee & Denny Blankenship, me, Elaine & Lee Arey, Arlie Blankenship (cousins)
                                             members of the class of 1960
                                     Ann Marie Fountain, Ann Morrison, Bud O'Meara
                                   members of the band:  Bob Blaurock & Gene Peterson
                                                       members of the class of 1955
                                                     Helen & Dave Marriott
                                          Jan Higdon and Joyce Lee
                                             Jim Simcoe, Lee & Elaine Arey
                              Mary, John O'Brien, Jean Tyler (hadn't seen Jean since 1981)
                                        Patty Plattner & Joanne and Bert Bennett
                                                      me and Ruth Kvinsland
                                                           Sharon Sofie & Jean Tyler
There are a ton of other alumni pictures on Facebook too. Search for Jan Boutilier's page.

Three days after the alumni get together, Hunter and I took off for Renton so he could earn some money doing odd jobs for Mary and Andy.  He stained their fence in the back yard, pressure washed the deck, did minor repairs here and there, and helped Andy build up the back fence with new lumber.  On Saturday, the 20th, Mary treated me with a ticket to "Ride the Ducks" in downtown Seattle.  What a blast it was.  I recommend it highly. It's especially great if you get a really good and entertaining driver like we did.  He was wonderful!

 Jake playing in the backyard.  Here he's in the sanbox holding a fist of sand and letting it drop into this face. He finally figured out it didn't feel good in the eyes.  ha ha
 He is most happy outside.  His daycare teacher also mentioned to Mary that they discovered he was big on music. (which we knew)  He loves to dance.  No matter what he's doing in the house, his ear seems to be tuned in to background music and if a song comes on that he likes, he drops everything to dance. He's especially fond of 'Sugar' by Maroon 5.
                                    More adventures to explore on the side of the house.
                                We went to Doofer's Bar and Grille for dinner one night.
                           A picture I took of another 'duck bus' going by on Lake Union.
 Jake was interested in the train that went by when we were on land and he thought the driver was pretty interesting too. He walked up and stood there staring at him (and his crazy hats)
 Got to hear a lot of interesting Seattle history and the music was good too!
 Back to Mary's house. Here's the back deck. It was double this size but they had it remodeled so they could have a grassy lawn.
                            Andy and Hunter preparing the lumber for the fence.
                                            Mary's little garden of veggies

 Tony, the merlot which Andy is forced to display since I gave it to him.  ha ha
 Jake sure wanted to be out there with his dad but he had to watch from the deck. When he did get to go out for a minute, he headed straight for the very interesting electric saw.
Jake and Mary were getting over a cold he managed to pick up at daycare earlier in the week so I made it was my turn to get it while there.  It was a doozy too!  Seems like getting bugs when you're older are harder on the old bod.  At least that's my feeling.  I was so sick on the ride home on Sunday. Today is the first day I feel like I might live a little longer.
 The dandelions were skyhigh so I had to take my new camera outside to see what kind of a photo I would get. Thankfully, Hunter came over later in the week to mow them all down.

 My hummingbirds didn't take any time at all finding my pretty red flowers that bloomed on the deck. I never can remember how to spell them...crocosmia..thanks to a friend telling me on Facebook.
For some reason (I never understand why these things pop into my head) I decided I wanted to see what an old American Girl Magazine looked like. I had a subscription for years in the 1950's so I bought one on Ebay. (Nov 1952)  It's well.....dorky...to say the least although I wish I could have found one from 1956 or 1957.  That's when I took the mag and I remember it was much more entertaining. Oh well, it's a great collector's item, I suppose. I like old magazines and I have a few-- Hit Parader, Life, TV Guide, Look, Reader's Digest, and several teen mags.

Gotta get outside and do some watering before the heat gets going.  And then it's off to Walmart. Don't have much on my agenda today. Still too busy coughing to think about working on a sewing project so I'll probably settle for a jigsaw puzzle and watching Netflix.  Got a couple letters to work on too.  Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment