My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday around the house

I finally managed to get myself settled at the sewing machine today.  I had gone back there a few days ago to straighten things up and look over various projects I had abandoned.  I have noticed that the dust from the material bothers my eyes and nose but I'll keep at it anyhow as I've resigned myself to always being stuffed up anyhow.

I had a box of little quilt squares I'd cut out. Some 2x2 and others 2-1/2x 2-1/2.  I think I'm going to make a couple of small quilts but will need to supplement with plain squares in between or I'd never get it done. Trying to make a blanket with tiny squares is very tiring and you can lose interest.
 these are  the smaller squares although the pictures make them look pretty much the same size.
These are just odds and ends of little pieces of material that I saved. I find it hard to throw out any material unless it's really long and stringy.

I set up my tape player and pulled out all my cassettes so I am enjoying listening to my really old music. Most of which I had forgotten about.  I do dearly love some of these tunes and hope to get them on to CDs at some point.

This is the 'church ladies' banner that hangs over my sewing machine.
I was trying to remember how to use the delayed button on my camera (or whatever you call it) and took this one of me as I wanted a different picture on my Facebook page. After I posted it, though, I decided it looked too much like me and it needed to come down.  ha ha

Outside of sewing, I did manage to get my bedroom closet cleaned out. It's amazing how much better it looks.  Catie started her new job in downtown Seattle today and sent me this picture of the view from her desk.
And  I guess that's all for today. Here are three pictures I got in an email yesterday that I thought were kinda cool.

                                                      llamas that had just been fleeced

                     A panda bear hugging a man after an earthquake had scared him
                                                            A pretty pink bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment