My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thursday morning

Just got my hair trimmed, hoping I could do something with it before the alumni reunion on Saturday. It's no use, though. It is what it is and I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm pretty on the inside.  Ha!  NOT!
Gotta go pick up the twins at the high school in an hour and a half. Tomorrow too, and then they're out for the summer.  Maddie will work at Traylor's to save money for a car.  Gees. How'd that happen? Had to laugh when Jenni told me about how she was explaining paychecks and taxes to Maddie so she wouldn't expect to get as much as she thought she would.  Maddie was aghast that the government would take that much.  That's just B.S! she says.  Only she didn't abbreviate it.  ha ha Welcome to the real world.

Hunter and I are going to leave for Renton next Tuesday instead of Thursday so he can make a few extra dollars doing chores for Andy.  I think they need some painting done, lawn work, and power washing. It'll be fun spending time with my two grandsons.  And my oldest granddaughter too. I'm sure she'll be over as she lives nearby. Wish I didn't look like such a beauty in a bathing suit. I'd think about using the pool at her apartment house.

Mary plans on taking me to downtown Seattle so we can ride Ride the Ducks. I'm excited.

Interesting Looking Back picture in the Leader yesterday of old Fort Worden.

Got these two of Jake in his back yard last week.

He's going to start a new daycare place next week and since Mary got another contract at T-Mobile through the rest of the year, her and Andy will carpool each day to take him there as they'll be working at the same place.

Had dinner at the Asian Buffet in P.A. a few days back.  It was pretty good. Lots to choose from and much bigger inside than I thought.

Been watching "Luck" on Amazon Prime and while I can't barely follow the story line because I don't understand horse racing, I'm intrigued to stick with it just because of all the stars--Dustin Hoffman, Nick Nolte, Dennis Farina, and lots of others.

Lots of activity outside my window today. Coast guard neighbor's moving van has parked and they'll be relocating to California soon.

Posted on my Town Kid blog at the Leader website this week. "Port Townsend Memories". You can read it at www.ptleader.com and go to blogs.  Took a couple days for it to appear as the Leader site was hacked and now they have to manually look over the submitted blogs to make sure they're not spam or smut.  I don't understand how hackers get such a kick out of being stupid. Obviously, their lives are in the gutter.

Gonna head back to the sewing room now. I spent hours working on my quilt yesterday and should be able to get it hemmed up today. I was going to hand quilt it but did half of it and decided it looked crummy. Back to the sewing machine (where it still looks crummy but not quite as bad)  Ha Ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment