My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 5, 2015

In the Sewing Room today

Started early measuring, cutting, sewing, pressing.  A slow process but I'm putting a little bit of a dent in the pile of material I've saved.
Nothing special but it should look halfway okay when I finish.  I've never been real confident in my quilt productions.

Took a break to run down to Walgreens to pick up some reprints but alas, their machine was down and I have to return tomorrow.  Which is okay 'cause Maddie's Varsity track team is having a car wash right next door and I have a ticket to get my white marshmallow clean.

Walgreen's is right next to Jack in the Box and since no one was in the drive-thru I decided to stop and get a burger. Drove down to the view lookout where everyone goes to eat and took a few pictures.


I set out fresh nectar again 'cause I've got 4 birds coming around now and they go through it in two or three days.


Ordered a CD on Amazon today. Been wanting this particular CD ever since I saw it on Gail Davies' website.  Her family lived in my neighborhood around 1960 before they moved to South Kitsap. The family was very musical and her and her brothers performed in the Jefferson County Fair talent show one year.  Gail and her brother, Ron (who has since died from a fatal car accident) were very successful in Nashville and Ron's music has been performed by all the top people.  This album features those folks singing Ron's songs and the profits are donated to his charity.  Here's a picture of Ron and Gail singing at the BlueBird Cafe in Nashville, (a very popular spot down there).  I met up with Gail when Mary and I were in Nashville several years ago.  She wrote a book about her life and it was pretty interesting.

I made a yummy chicken soup for supper tonight. Well, I think it's gonna be yummy.  It certainly smelled good while it was cooking.

I ran the humidifier in my bedroom last night hoping I wouldn't wake up with another pounding sinus headache. I also forced myself to use three pillows so I was halfway up.  I think it helped but something is definitely in the air 'cause I feel like crap!  Scotch broom is blowing in the wind across the street and I suspect it might be part of the problem.  But oh well....scotch broom is alive and well EVERYWHERE so I might as well accept the fact.

I took one of the generic allergy pills I had bought that was supposed to be like Claritin.  I happened to look at the ingredients yesterday and man!  I saw a few things I'm pretty sure I've read that are really bad for you.  I'm going to think twice about taking it again.

Played my old cassette tapes while sewing and while I totally enjoyed the tunes, it was kind of sad in a way to think that an awful lot of those people are gone now.  Johnny Cash, Elvis, Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, Roy Orbison, Tammy Wynette, one of the Everly Brothers, Rick Nelson, Gene Vincent, Buddy Holly, and Bobby Darin.

No comments:

Post a Comment