My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 12, 2015

Getting ready for Alumni

Guess I'll scrounge around in my closet and see what I can find to wear tomorrow. Gotta be something comfortable, especially as far as the shoes go. I don't suppose sweat pants are in order, though.  ha ha  Looking forward to seeing those folks I never get to see, and hope I have mastered my camera enough to get few blurry shots. I'm still struggling with how to get clear photos after I crop and enlarge.  I'll play around with it all summer. Also need to get myself over to Joy Bland's house as I know she can teach me the things I want to know.

Boy, the wind sure blew last night. Kind of surprising after the nice sunny days we've been having. I slept a lot better last night than the night before and I suspect that was part of the depression I was dealing with.  Just can't function without sleep.

Finished up household chores early but they didn't amount to much. Couple loads of laundry, dishwasher loaded and running, fresh nectar made for the hummingbirds, and trash taken out.  Once I come back from Renton, I'll probably throw myself into a little deeper cleaning. I always seem to notice more when I've been gone for a few days. Like the windows. I can tell now they're overdue.

Will finish up another counted cross stitch pattern tonight. Or not.  I could stop with the trees but the pattern does call for a large green front lawn with a fence so we'll see how energetic I feel about that.
This is one of those pictures that came out blurry. Think I'll take a break here and see if I can figure out how to take a better shot. Oh yeah, this one is better.....

June 12, 1973....I believe that was the day I started work at the PT Medical Clinic. Hadn't worked in  ten years so I was mighty nervous.  One of the few times I managed to lose weight without even trying.  Oh, those glory days of stress....  my diary recorded on June 15th that I got a paycheck for $62 --and I was thrilled!  ha ha
Jenni and Mary are starting new jobs this month too.  Course Mary goes from job to job as a consultant but next week she'll be back at T-Mobile where Andy works. She likes that as they'll be able to ride to work and pick up Jake. He's also going to start a new daycare on Monday.  Jenni is going back to a bank branch she used to work at so she's excited.  And Maddie says she loves her job at Traylor's so that's a good thing!

I did manage to finish up a quilt yesterday and now I'm thinking about the next one I want to make. I'd embroidered these blanket squares and then put them away so perhaps it's time to figure out what to do with them.

I got to thinking about the American Girl Magazine I used to take when I was a kid.  I saw some on ebay from my time frame so I made a bid on it. Well, I made an offer.  It cost $4 just to ship (which is too high in my opinion) and everybody who was selling a copy, wanted $12 or more.  Also too high. I offered $8 and am waiting to see if it's accepted.

Looking forward to the Chambers Bay Golf Tournament on television. I guess I'm repeating myself. I wouldn't particularly want to see it in person but I do enjoy watching from my recliner.  Well, dryer just turned off so I'd better fold the laundry before I put it off all day long. Gotta pick up the kids at noon from their last day of high school as freshmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment