My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Busy Sunday

I don't know what got into me today but I got it in my head that I needed to rearrange (to some degree) every room in the house.  So I did.  Just little stuff although I did need to use my furniture "sliders" to get the book cases moved from the entryway to my bedroom.  Worked fine.
 My exercise bike was in that spot. And yep, that's a walker. I'm always in a conflict of activities.
 The book cases were here in the front entryway but now I have some of my potted plants, globe paperweights, and knickknacks adorning the area.
 I still needed a place to put my picture frames so I moved this old trunk from the sewing room to the living room. It will hold a few Christmas decorations next month.
My sewing room was still not pleasing me even though I've rearranged it at least three times already. I wanted to be able to have my material scraps easier to see and store and I put my ironing board to the right of my sewing machine so I wasn't having to keep moving it all the time.  I think the area flows better now.

I also managed to bake a batch of banana chocolate chip cookies but I put them all in the freezer after I ate half a dozen and got gas.  Ha Ha

Took a 40-minute nap and had to force myself up again 'cause I wanted to go to bed at a decent hour tonight and get back on a normal schedule. Although any schedule can work when you're retired, I suppose.  I went to bed last night at 9 (was really tired) and ended getting up this morning at 6. I don't know why I care one way or the other. Just like to be in charge and my body seems to have a mind of her own.

I did sit down and surf the internet a bit and ordered two Christmas gifts.  Also bought myself something. I don't usually do that but I saw this t-shirt and HAD to have it.  Sure hope it fits. At least shipping was free.
Tomorrow I'm cleaning the oven.  Dreading it even though it's self cleaning. I'll still need to wipe it out afterwards and getting down to do anything inside the oven is a pain!  Plus I'll have to clean the racks myself and keep the sliding glass door open to ventilate the house while it's working.  I'll just hole up in the sewing room or come in here to browse Facebook and other websites.

I made a pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of lemonade this afternoon but I suspect the lemonade isn't agreeing with me as I keep getting gas. I know. You really want to read about me having gas.  Can't help it, though. It's all I got today.  Ha!

Started watching 'Game of Thrones' last night. I had bought the first season and just hadn't gotten around to putting it in the DVD player.  At first I thought I wasn't going to like it but I gave it time and now I'm hooked.  I think I knew that was gonna happen.  I also watched a movie I picked up at the library called 'A Thousand Acres.'  I'd seen it before and read the book but couldn't quite remember it all so it was very entertaining.  Good actors and good story line.

Hmmmm.... interesting commercial I just saw asking people to keep cats indoors as it's better for the cats, better for people, and better for birds.  I agree.

I think I may have overdid it a little today.  I'm feeling pretty darned tired.  I keep forgetting sometimes that I'm not as young and spry as I used to be.  Hopefully, I'll sleep good tonight. Probably hit the sack after the 8 o'clock PBS show I'm hooked on -- Home Fires.

Well, I just looked up and it's dark outside. Guess I'll go close all the curtains, get my jammies on, and heat up a bowl of bean soup that I made yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment