My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday

Sometimes (quite frequently really) I have to look at the bottom of my computer screen to see the date and then look at the calendar to figure out the day of the week.  I'm blaming it on retirement and the fact that my social calendar is pretty sparse a lot of the time.  My choosing, of course. I'm a homebody and am perfectly contented with my own company and hobbies.  Well, most of the time. Other times I find myself totally boring and I have to search out other humans.  ha ha

I seldom watch tv in bed at night but for some reason, I clicked on the country music awards before turning out the light. I had been dozing off in my recliner and knew I was tired and ready for dreamland.  The CMA shows have irritated me the past decade or so. I guess because I prefer "old country" and think a lot of the stars today all sound alike.  And a whole of them aren't singing what I consider country.  I suppose my age has a lot to do with that.  I was buying country records way back in the 1950s.  People like Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, among others.

I do like some of the country stars today, though. Little Big Town's song "Girl Crush" is absolutely wonderful!  I also like Vince Gill, Rascal Flats,Alison Krauss, and Wynona.  For whatever reason (probably because I was tired) I kept trying to remember the name of the guy married to Faith Hill. I dropped off to sleep thinking it was something like Tim Black.  Researched it this morning and realized it was Tim McGraw.  Clint Black was another guy.  And I have absolutely no idea why I'm even sharing all this.

Hmmmm.....just glanced out the window and the rain is coming down in buckets.  I plan on heading out in an hour so I hope it lets up a bit.  Think I'll make a quick Walmart run since I have to drive to that part of town anyhow.  Need to look over their prices on batting.  Just irritates me that batting costs so much.  Especially when you're trying to make a low cost quilt.  I wonder if I'll ever quit complaining about prices today.  Probably not.

I tore my quilt apart yesterday and plan on starting over with the backing and batting.  Watched a video on Youtube about an easy way to tie a quilt so I'm going to try that out.  Will finish this blog later in the day....

Back again...3 hrs later:

Stopped by the UPS center to pick up Maddie's package. Probably passed that place a hundred times and never really  noticed it before.  Trucks were busy coming and going so I drove around carefully and then got out of there.  Ran down to Walmart and picked up a few food items.  Wandered over to the material section to price their batting and decided I would get a yard of the stuff on a bolt.  Then I went through my usual routine at that store...trying to find a clerk to wait on me.  I rang the button but I've done that before and IT NEVER BRINGS ANYBODY!  I found a guy who said he'd call someone and about 5 minutes later, this broad comes strolling over.  Of course I told her how dissatisfied I was with the lack of help in this department because I've gone through the exact same routine in the past.  Her answer was  basically: Not my fault; I just work here.  When I checked out, the sales receipt offered me a chance to enter a gift card giveaway for taking a survey. I decided that was definitely of interest as I had some things to relate about their lack of customer service.  Not that it will do any good but I needed to vent at any rate.

I drove on over to the high school to drop off Maddie's package and took a picture of the hallway.
Then it was a stop at the library to pick up an armful of audio books to listen to while I'm sewing.
Also got a DVD to watch and bought two quilt books in the gift shop.  Really nice books too. Only paid a couple of dollars for them.



I came on home and fixed lunch. (A turkey burger with some V-8 juice) and now I think I'll get back to that quilt waiting for me on the kitchen table.




No comments:

Post a Comment