My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday morning coffee

Had to get up in the middle of the night to take some iboprofen. Blaming it on the rain but I'm sure my age figures in there with it.  Just couldn't get comfortable as the hips and knees reminded me, yet again, that I'm in my 70s and a tad overweight.  Okay. A whole lot overweight but who cares?!  Ha!

Got up at 7 intending to pee and head back under the covers but once I was walking, I decided I might as well just throw water in my face and start the day.  Grabbed up an armful of red clothing as I needed to wash the new red sweatpants and matching sweatshirt and knew full well they were probably going to run. Might as well let them run with a few other articles of red.

Plugged in my cell to start charging it and opened up all the curtains. Made coffee and ran a comb through my straight stringy hair reminding myself I probably should bite the bullet and get a haircut. I always have to think about it a while before I am willing to lay down that $20.

Spent yesterday sewing and while I had decided to take a break from it today, I'm already kind of leaning towards heading back there again.  I've always like this quilt pattern called "spools" so I'm playing around with that design now.
The other pattern I monkeyed around with is called "Stepping Stones".
I'm thinking I might make a blanket out of this one and put it together as a "quilt-as-you-go" project. I have a lot easier time finishing a quilt with the batting and backing if I don't have to lay out the whole thing on a table and try to quilt it at the end.  Even when I pin and baste it first, it still seems to move around and pucker too much.  Then too, there's that standing up bent over the table movement that kills my back!  It sucks getting old!

I'm still having problems putting color schemes together.  I just don't have the eye for it and often can't see it until I've picked colors and sewn them together.  Must be that side of my brain that has a glitch in it.

Yesterday I went to YouTube as I wanted to hear Adele's latest song that is getting so much attention.
I was listener # 252,547,470.  Can you imagine that?!  Wow!  I went back this morning to see how many more listened to it overnight and there were almost 1, 300,000 MORE!  Good Grief!  I do believe she has some pipes!

I saw on Facebook that I could listen to the PT football game being played at Memorial Field last night.  I tuned in for a little bit but really wanted to see the action.  I always loved going to Friday night football games.  The atmosphere was great!  People in the stands that you knew, football players scrambling (they all look so small nowadays), cheerleaders jumping high in their routines and getting the crowd of teenagers worked up, the band, the smell of hotdogs, old folks under blankets, watching the people on cheapskate hill, watching the guys walking along the edges of the game...it's all great.  I should go to a night time game in town sometime.  I'd have to stay overnight with someone, though, and staying overnight these days can be a challenge in itself.  I'm gonna think on that. I really would like to experience a football game in town again.

Got the results of my latest blood test back and I'm not allergic to gluten. I celebrated that fact by going out to buy a loaf of bread as I missed having toast in the morning and sandwiches for lunch. I also walked by some cinnamon rolls on sale that were calling my name.

Everyday I get a stack of catalogs in the mail tempting me to browse and find something I can't live without or that would make a great gift.  Only problem is, THEY'RE TOO EXPENSIVE!  I think the Christmas season changes for you as you get older.  Like a lot of things do.  The cost is always there and prices just keep going up and up but it's hard to find the energy needed for a lot of the details too.
Decorating the tree and house, sending out cards, shopping, wrapping, baking....all chores that have been cut way down in my routine but that I used to take a lot of pleasure in.  I think it makes a big difference too when you don't have kids in the house anymore.  But enough on that subject. Life moves along.

I think I'm gonna cook up a small pot of beans today. Found some ham in the freezer that needs to be used up and I always love having a bowl of bean soup.  My body probably won't like it after a day or two but too bad!  I'm the boss here!  Ha Ha

No special plans on the agenda this week although I am having an overnight guest on Thursday. Maggie, the dog of "the other grandparents" here in P.A. is coming to hang out so his folks can go to the doctor in Edmonds.  She's a sweet dog.  Otherwise, I think I'll work some more on my genealogy files and continue my quest as sewing machine gramma.

Washer just turned off so time to move the reds to the dryer and start my Saturday. Have a nice weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment