My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 23, 2015

Time to Downsize

GUITAR FOR SALE -- $100



It's 36" tall, a Squirer model by Fender, and includes a few picks, several guitar books, one CD instruction on playing chords, a cloth zipper bag with handle for carrying, and a pitch pipe to help you tune it.  It's in good shape and used very little.  Sigh...

I bought this used guitar (I think) in 2004.  I have ALWAYS wanted to learn to play.  But.... apparently, I haven't wanted it bad enough because the poor thing has not been touched in years.  Huge disappointment in myself and it's a reminder of how I'm all talk and no action.  Another sigh....

Christmas is coming and I'm a little short on dough so I thought I would see about selling things I obviously am not using.  If it doesn't sell, I'll be perfectly fine with that too...cause I really don't want to sell it. Just don't need the constant reminder sitting right in front of me.

I sold my piano back in 1983 and I didn't want to sell that either but needed the money and was moving.  Hard to get people to agree to move a piano.  I miss that piano.  I even took lessons for a while.  I could have been somebody. I could have been a star.  ha ha

While looking for the pitch pipe,which took a good two hours of my morning, I came across a ton of stuff socked away in nooks and crannies that I had forgot about.  I'm seriously considering taking pictures of each item and posting it on my blog (and then over to Facebook) so maybe I can find people who'd have a use for these little treasures.  All giveaways, of course.  And sooner or later, I'll just have to cart them off to Serenity House or Goodwill.  Want to try and give things away first, though, so stay tuned.

That darn pitch pipe!  I looked high and low in every room in the house and through junk boxes in the garage.  At one point, it was even in my hands and I didn't realize it!  I had taken the cloth cover out of the closet to set by the guitar and the pipe was in a zippered pocket. Grrrr.... Hate it when I overlook the obvious.

Anyhow, I've got a job to occupy me a while as I prepare my photos over the next few days.  I could post some of it on Ebay, and I just might go that route for some of the stuff.  There's just so much when you really stop and look things over that you've been hanging on to for years and realize -- why oh why is that thing still living with me?  Ha ha

By the way, I don't want to bother shipping the guitar so it will have to be a come-and-pick-it-up  --- although I will deliver to Sequim, Hadlock, and Port Townsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment