My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 19, 2015

In first gear

Can't seem to get up and get going on projects today.  On the other hand, I have had fun browsing on the computer so that has to count for something. And I did make a quick run down to the neighborhood store to buy stamps and  mail off a Town Kid book.  I haven't really been trying that hard to sell the few I have left so it's always nice to get an email requesting one. I suppose it was the ad in the  PTH alumni newsletter.  I have a few copies in the two PA book stores and one in PT too but outside of that, I've let the marketing go by the wayside.  Never was in it to make money anyhow. I've probably got about seven left up in the closet.  If I ever get some money ahead (yeah, like that's gonna happen!) I might consider having some extra copies of  'Walkin' on Water' printed up.  I'm sure they would sell.

I looked over my Christmas gift stash trying to  figure out what to give to who and I'm thinking I just might do some online shopping on Black Friday for a few odds and ends.  I did buy some rotary blades for myself this morning.  Man, but they're expensive to buy in the stores.  So is material and batting.  It's gotten way out of hand.

I got two purple squares of material in the mail yesterday.  I had participated in a chain letter friendship quilt where you have to mail off two purple squares to four people and you're supposed to get a huge amount in return.  Hasn't worked out that way but it was fun trying. I've received from two or three people.  I should be able to finish off my stepping stones quilt today. Just have to sew the border down.  It ended up being a tad smaller than twin size.

I had bought some  counted cross stitch designs that somebody had made (in my favorite thrift store) and brought them home to see what I could do with them. I washed and ironed them up and I'm going to try and find theme material to go along with them to make quilt like wall hangings. I found a pattern yesterday of onion rings and chocolate candy.



Next I've got to find a pattern with breads and salads.

The stitching was quite good on these pieces and I'm hoping my sewing around them does them justice.

Two photos that I had posted on my blog last week but didn't know the identification of were revealed recently.
That's Jim Reicke with Anita & Phil Raymond (thank you Rose Johnson)
and this is Penny Baldridge's dad. Not sure of his name but probably Schmidt.

There sure is a dark cloud hanging over the neighborhood today although I can see some blue sky to the north.  I hope it's halfway decent when I drive to Port Townsend on Saturday.  I guess I'll mosey on back to the sewing room and get busy on that quilt. I have one disk left on this audio book I've been listening to and I'm anxious to hear how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment