My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, September 8, 2013

And Sunday arrives....

Looking pretty nice outside.  It's a little after 11 and Mary just made a quick Safeway run to get a few groceries on my list.  She's been so great this weekend.  Her, Hunter, and Wayne cleaned off my back deck of all the pots, furniture, and "stuff" so it's looking nice and litter free.



I'm feeling better but still have the shakes a bit in the morning. Not sure why.  Not sure why my body has chosen to do a lot of weird things these past weeks.  Has given me a lot to think about of how I'm going to live my life once I have that new knee and can maneuver around on my own.  My biggest enemy is my own imagination -- definitely have to work on getting back into fight mode.

Home health will come one or two days this week to draw blood as doctor wants a check on how my numbers are going.  Otherwise, it should be quiet with no trips needed.  Next Wed is the pre-op appt. with the surgeon and then the following Tuesday I'll check into the hospital. Should get sent to Crestwood Rehab on the 27th or 28th and how long I'm there depends on how well I get the exercises done.  I try to focus on coming home in October and starting my life again.

Mary ran a few errands for me yesterday. I rode along. Even managed to use the walker (instead of the wheel chair) to navigate down the ramp and to the car.  One of our stops was at the hospital to "drop off" a sealed envelope containing one of my lab tests.  We went to my clinic first but they directed us to the hospital lab.  I waited in the car while she ran it in.  Half hour later she returned plenty steamed!  Customer service was not working that day. Maybe the lab front desk girl resented working Saturdays.  Anyhow, she had a big sign  up blocking her window telling people to sign in and have a seat.

Mary tried telling her she was just dropping off an envelope but the girl wouldn't even talk to her.  Mary said another guy said there for 45 minutes because the girl wouldn't look at his paper directing him to x-ray; not the lab.  They have cards you can fill out with comments so Mary used her time to lambast the process they were allowing to happen.  Not one to bite her tongue, Mary told her that it was absolutely stupid how she wouldn't take the time to spend 30 seconds helping a person. Good for her!  Jenni does the same thing when she's confronted with poor customer service.

I found out later that Jenni spoke up for me in ER the night I was brought in and was out of it with pain. They wanted to send me home and Jen said NO!  Then they aspirated and admitted.   I hate most ERs I've observed and Port Angeles is top of the list for poor service.  I still remember how my dad suffered waiting for help in 2009.  Last month when Hunter broke a toe, I took him to ER around 4 pm until Jen could get there and they didn't come home until 11 pm.  They spent less than 5 minutes with him putting on a walking boot.  No excuse for that.  When I drove myself to the ER the first night I fell and my lip kept bleeding (this was at 3:30 a.m.) I was the only one there except for maybe one other person.  The doctor made a quick hello and introduction as he looked at my injury and I never saw him again.  I left after an hour and all I got was the desk guy saying "don't you want your discharge orders?"  Oh brother!  What a racket!

Okay. I got that off my chest.

Don't really have much else to share.  Watched a really good movie on Netflix called The Red Dog. Terrific music throughout and a good story too.  Posted a new photo on facebook this morning that Mary took while I was on my laptop.  My poor mouth is going to cost me some money I'm afraid what with a front tooth chipped and my four upper front teeth feeling dead.  When I floss, I can't even feel them and when I touch them with my finger, it's like a stick is in my mouth.  I assume that means the teeth are dead or whatever they call it.  My cousin says I may end up needing root canals.  Four of them?  That has to be more than I can afford, I suspect.  I'll play and wait and see game for now.  If they don't hurt or turn black, I'll just deal with it.

Gotta go now.



No comments:

Post a Comment