My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stressful Thursday

Well, it was a tad stressful today but I manage to bring a lot of that on myself most of the time.  I fretted all night and all morning about having two root canals and if he'd be able to get it all fixed up good enough for the surgery to continue.

Much to my relief, the Sequim dentist (who only does root canals and such) was super nice. So was his assistant.  Made me feel relaxed right away and I only needed one root canal.  So happy.  Did not hurt at all.  My arms gave me a lot of problems sitting there but they've been acting up for weeks and will probably continue so until I'm done using the walker.

The Novocaine has worn off now and I'm half expecting some discomfort but I'll deal with it. I can't take Aleve or Advil 'cause surgery is near but I can take Tylenol.  He also did a temporary fix (for free) of my front chipped tooth.  Told me not to chew on beef jerky but it should hold for a while.
Not sure if my lip will ever heal properly. Just have to wait and see.  I came home and rested for the afternoon. Wanted to take a nap in the worst way but I'm trying to stay up so I'll sleep better at night. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.  Usually, it's my achy arms that keep me awake more than anything else.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my regular doctor at 11 a.m. I'll drive myself and hopefully, can manage getting the walker in and out of the back seat so I can wobble up the handicap ramp.  My knee doesn't hurt unless I try to walk so I know this surgery is a must have.  Only one more hurdle to jump.....and that's getting the go ahead from my doctor tomorrow when she explains the results of my latest blood work.  I must think positive.

As if I didn't have enough on my mind, I started sneezing, and feeling stuffed up today.  Been hanging on all afternoon but I'm praying it's just allergies.  Hunter is down with a cold but I've been trying to avoid being around him so I don't think it's his germs.  I hope.

I took my Ipod to the dentist so I could play music while in the chair. They had Pandora Radio on at their office and that music was fine so I didn't use my gadget. The assistant told me I could download pandora for free on my Ipod and have it wherever I went.  I have a nifty little speaker that plugs into the pod too so I'm going to try and figure out how to do that.

Well, it's 5 o'clock and I'm kind of hungry so I guess I'll see what I can throw together that is super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment