My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 6, 2013

Foggy Friday

For whatever reason, I had a case of insomnia last night. Turned on the late-night talk shows and surfed back and forth trying to find something of interest. I kind of like Jimmy Kimmel. Much more than Letterman, who I can't stand!   Ended up watching Leonard Cohan on PBS. Man, what a performer.

Finally crawled out of bed at 8:30, showered, dressed, fixed breakfast, and made my way to the kitchen table to blog a bit and surf the net.  Saw this picture on Facebook of Mary Gaboury and her grandkids.
 I called ancestry.com again yesterday to plead my case for them to remove the $85 fee from my visa bill. (I was adamant that I had cancelled my subscription in time) Much to my relief and surprise, they allowed me the refund.  Today I may try to sit down and balance my checkbook and pay bills. I've been putting it off as I didn't have the energy to nerve to see where my finances sit.

Home health physical therapist came yesterday and said I'm doing the exercises required pretty good so he doesn't think he needs to return until I come home from the nursing home rehab.  I wish my surgery was closer than Sept. 24 but I'll deal with it.  My strength is still not great.  By the time I shower, dress, fix breakfast, and get to the table, I'm sweating like crazy.  I suppose lack of fresh air and exercise (and the fact I was so sick) took a toll.

I'm still surprised at how quickly I was wiped out from the fall.  I assume it was the infection in my knee scrap that got into my blood stream and did the damage.  Sure didn't appear to be that bad of a bloody knee but infections can be tricky.

Watched a Netflix movie yesterday called 'Evening.' Starred Meryl Streep and her daughter, Vanessa Redgrave and Claire Danes.  Terrific flick but sad.

Maddie has a soccer game in Bainbridge tomorrow. I'm looking forward to Mary coming to spend the weekend. And here's an oldie from the 60's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment