My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First day of school

Jenni always takes a picture of the twins on the first day of school.  This is their 8th grade shot.
As they were getting in the car this morning, they forgot to close the front door.  Next thing they knew, Sammy was standing there looking at them from the sidewalk.  Sammy cannot be trusted without being on a leash.  He doesn't mind.  Jen called to him. He took one look at her and took off across the street where two dogs live that bark at him through their window all day.  He did his usual.
Stopped to bark at them, ran around to their backyard and barked at them some more. 

Hunter and Jen argued about who was going after him.  Not the first time Hunter has had this job.
Bad doggie!  Hunter isn't pleased.

Jen takes me to the doctor at 11. EKG was fine but they drew more blood to see why my sodium numbers are low.  Back on Prozac to try and get the depression nipped in the bud.  She stopped my antibiotic for the UTI (another doctor had prescribed it) so I was mighty glad about that. It made me sick all the time.

Still nauseated today but am hoping tomorrow will improve.  Have to do a hemoccult (poop on a stick) to rule out a problem there.  Oh joy!  Tomorrow Sue will take me to this meeting that is suppose to answer any questions you have about knee replacement and give us an idea of what to expect.

I may be in a nursing home for one to three weeks. (probably closer to three) and then home health will follow up with physical therapy at home for a couple weeks more.  May have to be an out patient at a physical therapy place too (or the hospital).  Will leave nursing home on a walker and should graduate to a cane and then on my own.  Long haul.

If I can just get some quality sleep, I'm hoping I can resume interest in knitting, reading, tv, etc. Going to work hard at it.  I do my exercises twice a day but still have a difficult time standing on my bad leg.  At least I've conquered taking a shower on my own.  Jen fixes up my meals so they're handy to microwave or prepare while sitting on my walker.  I'd be lost without my walker.

Doctor told me to stop watching the news and only watch happy stuff.  So much evil lurking out there. It upsets me.

I'm telling Jen to stay home tonight. Time for me to quit being alone at night.  She had a new washer installed today and a new dishwasher. (everything was breaking down at once)  She got a new kitchen floor (bad leak ruined the recently laid tile) and she got new counter tops and kitchen sink and had to get a new toilet too. I think.  Carpeting is next.  I couldn't deal with all that.

Mary's coming this weekend. Looking forward to that. Imagine Jen is too. She's worn out caring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment