My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Not liking this blog spot today

Sometimes I hate computers.  They act up for no reason except to make me irritated. Tried all morning to get signed on and it kept telling me to use another name.  I just may hunt around for another blog website to use if this keeps up.

Been feeling a tad punk the last few days.  Not sure if the heat is contributing to my knee looking a little swollen or if it's "just one of those things."  At any rate, I had a period where I was feeling halfway confident to try and use a cane instead of the walker to get around but I'm still a little nervous about trying it out without someone  here to pick me up if I fall on my butt.  I'd really like to move on from the walker although I know I'll use it again once I get my replacement.

My upper right arm/shoulder/neck are causing me so much grief -- even when I try to sleep.  I assume it's from using the walker but sometimes I wonder if it isn't a 'neck thing out of whack' as I suffer the most while in bed.  I've tried using one pillow, two pillows, three pillows, and no pillow but I just can't get comfortable.  I wake up every single morning with a headache so I assume it's either a neck problem, I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep, or a sinus issue. Maybe dust mites.  You have lots of time to ponder everything when you're housebound.

Home health nurse showed up a couple days ago to draw more blood.  Guess my doctor is watching my numbers.  She also needed a urine sample but after three glasses of water, I gave up in disgust. I had Jenni run the cup in after she got off work.  Sometimes you just can't pee on demand, no matter how hard you try.

Well, enough on body functions.  Then again, it's about all I got.  I guess I could discuss the movies I've watched on Netflix.  Yesterday I watched a VHS movie in my collection.  Seen it before, of course, but I always enjoyed it.  Filmed around the Columbia River Gorge. Anyhow, it was called "Sometimes a great notion" from a book by Ken Kesey.  Starred Henry Fonda, Lee Remick, and Paul Newman.  1970 flick and pretty good.

Another one I watched was a foreign movie from the Netherlands that was nominated for an Oscar in 2002.  Called Twin Sisters.  Had subtitles (which normally is a turnoff for me) but this story was especially intriguing.  Had to do with twins separated when their mom died. One was given to the bad relatives and one to the good. Takes place during Hitler's time in Germany.  Excellent!  The kind of movie you wake up thinking about days later.

Another was a 2012 movie filmed in Norway called 'Into the White'. Some subtitles at first but mostly English.  About American fliers and German fliers during WWII that shoot each other down in the mountains and end up bonding to try and save themselves.

I won't comment on the news.  It all stinks!

Here's a picture of my cousin, Cindy, on the right with her daughter (in the middle) and one of her bridesmaids.  Cindy is 5'8" but she looks short compared to these girls. Mirinda, the bride is getting hitched on Sept. 21.
 

Got an email and photo from Bob Blaurock that I thought was interesting. Maybe I'll put it on Facebook too.  He wrote:
 
This picture was taken about three weeks ago. We went on a tour with our '65 Olds to Idaho. There were about 100 vintage cars on the tour. On the tour we stopped for lunch at the local high school. Obviously Teton, Idaho is behind the times. I rest my case. (Like the majority of us who graduated from PTHS he agrees that the controversy about our Redskins name is just so much BS!)
 
 
Well, I guess I'll head back to my recliner now.  If this website continues to act up, I'm going to hunt around for another.  Not in the mood for fighting with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment