My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday with Catie

My granddaughter arrived last night from Renton to spend the weekend with me.  I decided this morning I was going to take a stab at driving again.  It's been about 7 weeks and even though my left knee is still
achy, I figured I didn't need it to drive.  I was a little nervous (I seem to be a little nervous about every facet of my life these days) but I managed just fine.

Stopped at Safeway and she pushed me around to buy half a dozen items and pick up a prescription. Then we stopped by Jim's Pharmacy but the clerk (who was less than cordial) told me I needed a prescription to get the compression stockings I have to wear after surgery.  They give you a pair in the hospital but I was told they can be uncomfortable and you're better off getting your own.  Oh well....saved me $40.   I did buy a small bottle of this glue that is also suppose to help the stocking stay up.  Big ripoff. $12 but that store is overpriced with almost all their items.

Next we dropped off my vacuum at the vacuum store so the guy could put a new cord on it. Then we went to Joanne's Fabric as Catie is cross stitching a special project and needed thread. I was in the wheelchair again so I browsed around a bit and bought some purple yarn.  Then we went to Big Lots to look around but didn't buy anything.  Stopped at Wendy's to get some chili and fries and then ate them at the lookout near the harbor.

Les called while  we were there so we went on home as he had brought me three movies to watch.  Catie and I spent the afternoon watching movies.  Toy Story 2 and The Color Purple, which she'd never seen.  She went over to Papa Murphy's to pick us up of pizza for dinner and later tonight she'll go visit her mom.  I'll head off to bed.

Didn't sleep well last night. Never can understand why.  Am thinking I'm going to call the dentist up on Monday and see if he can't work me in for a quick look at one of my front teeth.  It's acting up and I'd act to think of dealing with a bad tooth during rehab.  Also can't help but wonder if the teeth are why I'm having headaches all the time.  And maybe why I'm nauseated so much.  Would really like to get to the bottom of it.

Well, that's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment