My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's October

Today will be better. My special passive movement machine (forget what it's called) is arriving this morning and I intend to spend a good two hours in it immediately to get my leg loosened up.  Two different people in two phone calls within an hour of each other both told me that knee replacement surgery rehab is much harder to get through than hip replacement.  I would have thought the opposite.  Both depressed me and gave me hope that the pain I'm suffering while doing these exercises is to be tolerated and expected.

Night sleeping is still difficult because of both shoulder and upper arm pain but I know that will end once I get off the walker or learn how to use it better.  Home health rehab guy should be coming one day this week and I can ask him exactly how I should be doing the exercises I am doing.  I knew the pain wasn't going to be insignificant but I'm a tad surprised at how much it does hurt.  Whine....whine....

On the plus side, I signed up for cable starting today and I'll have Discovery and History and HGTV to take my mind off things.  Sue is excited too as she misses watches The Bridge.

GMA is running a story on this couple with too much money who are building the biggest house in the country.  Does anyone really care?  They're going to use Sedgeways to get around inside the place. That's disgusting!

My mail will be resumed today too so that's something else to look forward to. Mostly, though, I'm eager to use my leg machine.

Watched The Blacklist yesterday that I had taped. Good show.  Sorry I missed Breaking Bad but I can catch up in reruns.  Same with Sons of Anarchy.

By the way, I've got a treadmill to give away if anyone wants to come pick up the heavy sucker. It's electric, works fine. I need the room for a sewing area again.  Will keep my exercise bike, though. I'll have to remember to take a picture and post it on Facebook.  The treadmill,that is.

Had to laugh yesterday.  Jenni fixed me some hash browns with a poached egg and a couple pieces of fried spam.  (I've always loved spam)  Anyhow, Sue came in and I asked her if she wanted a piece of Spam.
"Are you kidding?" she said. I never eat that stuff.
"Hmmm..  I didn't know that. Jenni doesn't like it either."

Sue:  You fed us that stuff all our life and I haven't eaten it since I left home.
Jenni:  Hey, Mom...don't you remember a food your dad fed you that you hate now and won't eat?
Me:   Yeah.... Velveeta cheese.

We all laughed.
 Well, off to my recliner to take my pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment