My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trying out a new place to sit

It's been so uncomfortable to sit at the kitchen table that I haven't been able to get online for more than a few minutes on "good days." Yesterday, I had an especially bad day because of both upper arms/shoulders/rotater cuffs.  It's been ongoing since the fall but I assumed it was caused by me using the walker incorrectly.

Well, I'm using the walker a whole lot less now and the pain is only increasing.  My guess is that the walker was not to blame and I most likely injured my shoulders when I fell.  Google says to rest, ice it, heat it, and see your doctor.  Getting in to see my doctor is next to impossible.  Her first available spot is Oct. 25 so I signed on to see a P.A.  Doubt she'll be able to help but I can get my yeast infection checked while there too (if that's what it is).  Yeah, this has been one fun journey.  Cut lip, 4 dead teeth, root canal, infected kneecap, shoulder injury, panic attacks, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, difficulty sleeping, constipation, nausea, and oh yeah, the only good thing -- loss of appetite and weight.

I'm sure had I gone into this knee replacement healthy, my body would have improved sooner.  But I manage to do things the hard way.  Yesterday I had about three crying jags. Mostly because one of the knee exercises (bending the knee) was so painful, I wanted to die!  I had purposely not done that particular exercise as often and as strong as I should have.  Now, I'm forcing myself to bend it, hold it, cry it out, cuss it out, and pray.  Lots of praying going on around here.

My physical therapist told me to use my cane using my left hand and not the right. I'm also focusing on not using my right arm to reach for things or to lay on it.  I knew my recliner was causing me difficulty because I have to push hard to get the handle up and I have to push myself up using the arms of the chair.  Now I've transferred to a upright chair (my old computer chair with arms but no wheels) so I can sit to watch tv  and get up easier afterwards.

Not as comfortable but necessary.  I moved the laptop over here on a tv tray and I think it's allowing me to type longer than I could at the kitchen table.  At least for now.  Maybe I can even get back into my crossword puzzles.  I had Jenni take a picture of me walking yesterday.
Oh my, here comes the rain again.  Actually, I don't mind the rain or the storms when I'm housebound. Makes it easier to cope.  Friday morning I see my surgeon for my post-op appointment. Am hoping I won't have to go back again but I probably will as I'm still kind of broken.

Sure am thankful I signed back up for cable channels.  Now, I'm watching a whole lot of stuff I couldn't tolerate before. Funny how that happens.  Watched The Barefoot Contessa on the cooking channel yesterday.  A lot of those recipes are unrealistic.  You need more money (and energy) than I have to afford the ingredients, the applianes, the dishes, and the pans.  Fun to watch, though.

Oh dear, I hope I didn't miss The Black List last night.  It's one of the few new shows I really like but I can't remember what night it's on.   Way too much attention being given to that spoiled brat, Miley Cyrus. I can't use my remote quick enough when she appears.  But I won't walk down that road today.

I'm off to my bed to do my exercises and I think I'll start off with the one that hurts me the most. At least I know what to expect and maybe this time, I can cut the tears off at the pass.  I'm such a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment